Why Isnt This Selling?

How many times has this i200 been on ebay?, i know it has rubbish photos, but why has it been bought and restored????????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/opel-manta-i200-no-reserve-/120933488592?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AManta&hash=item1c283297d0

Edited by Danny D114BCW

Correct me if am wrong but am sure this got slated on here and not that long ago. I know of the car but how well any work has been done on it I would need to have a look. If I were in the position this and Helens i200 both would be doon my driveway tae gang wi mi own.

As before resto work.There was pics also in `PROJECTS` for the i200.

KGrHqQOKjQE4ngyZefsBON8TYmg_12-1.jpg

And used for daily drive.

Rab.

Edited by Rab

Re i200 for sale as above.

I have spoken with the owner today as to what condition the i200 sits. What I have been told the car could be run as is but work will need doing. Chassis legs are good and shell has had a complete respray. Work would need doing on boot floor and around top of inner wings, this was to have been done when in body shop re new metal work but sadly was missed to annoyance of owner.

If anyone has any queries please feel free to leave here and I will pass onto owner or if preferred go through the E - Bay channel to contact owner.Hopefully of some use thi above.

cheers rab.

well i do believe people are paying crazy money for dressed up mantas ie std berlinettas with 400 kit on in excess of 6k this is one of only 30ish in the country all std not been mucked about with like some of them their is another on ebay at the moment 16.5k that doesnt even resemble an i200 i think i am selling it to cheap but i take it sum people beg to differ i reckon if you spent around 700quid on the work needin done you could run for 5or 6 yrs without needin any more major surgery but after all its ma car and if it doesnt sell it can lye another 7 years for me and it will probably be worth more but hey ho ! i just thought i would let sumbody else take it to the next level and that why it wasnt advertized on this website as for years its been kleeky and it will always be that way if your face fits it fits if it doesnt they slate you if you go to buy parts from some of the locals up this way they wont sell to you i was always a believer in keeping the manta alive i would sell parts to anybody but some people on this site treat you like a second class citizen as your not a member i was a fully paid member mid ninties and was approched by our rep at the time to join this glorious club and i told him ive bin a member 6yr he was never informed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!a car is only worth what sumbody is willing to pay!!!!oh and while im on a rant is their not another couple of i200s been advertized recently one in ireland for 8.5k and one in france for 6.5k???? rant over so does this mean that if i finish the car stripe it up should i be asking in the region of 16.5k as its std as i alwaysthought std cars are worth more than ones that had been modified ie redtop engine body kit huge wheels these cars left steve thompsons in walsall in their beauty not to be made look like boy racer cars !!!!

Edited by blitzi
  • Like 1

I think it's a cool car but I think I wouldn't be able to keep it standard, which would be a right shame on such a rare car, I think I put a few noses out when I cut up the rustiest Exclusive ever to modify my 76 B, but on the other hand I've got my modified fix in the shape of Hovis, so maybe I'd be able to leave this one standard, if I'd got 3 grand spare I'd have it, but Hovis has emptied the pot..... Good look with the sale, have you tried Piston Heads, they all seem to go on there ;-)

well i do believe people are paying crazy money for dressed up mantas ie std berlinettas.......................... these cars left steve thompsons in walsall in their beauty not to be made look like boy racer cars !!!!

Were these not pretty much "std berlinettas" when they arrived at Steve Thompsons? Regarding the bodykit & wide wheels - Opel also made a rally version of the Manta that came with wide wheels & a body kit. They called it the "Manta 400".

:thumbup

Guys im not feeling all the slaggin off on this forum, esp as it costs money to join. Wullie is tryin to sell on a decent car cheaply to someone who wants one... Whats the need for concern? A few weeks ago i was after a wiring loom and had people callin me allsorts for trying to haggle a price. Get a grip folks.

Wullie good luck with the sale mate, I'd have it if i wasn't so far on with mine.

• Like 2

I have to say if I had the money myself I would buy this in a heartbeat, as wullie says these are rare cars and it IMO is worth the money, You usually see these go for a minimum of 6 grand, and thats what I must have nearly paid in parts and labour for my car upto now, and I wouldn't get any more than 4 grand at a push in return.

All the best in the sale.

Rob

I dont think people are slagging it off meaning to cause offence, its an opinion and i am sure this goes on everywhere, as-long as the car is looked after and restored and the owner is happy with the car and the person who buys it then happy days, each to their own and good luck with the sale B)

• Like 1