Opel Manta A Series Hot Rod (Beast)

DiMarco

The beast is really taking shape now the engine, trans, propshaft and axle are all in torqued up and ready with new oils. All the below has been done this weekend with a far amount more to go :).

• rear and door windows in
  • Headlining fully fitted
  • Britex sunroof now in place
  • Rocker covers and intake system all new gaskets and bolted down
  • oil changed to gearbox and engine
  • freshly sprayed fuel tank now bolted in place along with pump and filter.

Was a long weekend started at 10 in the morning Saturday and finished at 8:30 then back at 10 sunday and finished at 5 totally drained this weekend. Roll on next weekend when hope to get more started and hopefully the rear window and windscreen rubbers will turn up this week.

• Like 2

Engine is now fully in, bolted and put back together have noticed now with the air filter on the top that the thing will be poking through the bonnet so that is the next job also cutting a hole in the bonnet to find out how big the scoop will have to be. The new window seal is coming in this week so I can put the windows back in at the weekend.

Engine is now fully in, bolted and put back together have noticed now with the air filter on the top that the thing will be poking through the bonnet so that is the next job also cutting a hole in the bonnet to find out how big the scoop will have to be. The new window seal is coming in this week so I can put the windows back in at the weekend.

have you sourced another bonnet? or different filter

getting up there may be tight for time for a few weeks, but what you could do is get it all cut out and let me have the dimensions of whaqt you want and ill see what I can do.

Ok paul sounds good to me mate. Will get the hole cut out and once that is done will let you know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of packages have turned up for me today :D love having things to open feels like it my birthday lol. Looks like this weekend is going to be a busy one as I now have the below parts in. Will also be putting the rad in and sorting out all that so we can fire her up hopefully :D.

• Speaker wire
  • Speakers
  • CD player wires
  • Windscreen and rear window rubbers
  • chrome strip for rubbers ( the only piece on my car that is chrome )
  • heavy duty Velcro trips to hold the aluminium panels in place
Edited by DiMarco
  • Like 1

Brilliant, the Windows are now in :D the engine bay is 99% done hopefully tomorrow I will turn the key and hear that beast perrrrr. I am lucky enough that Tony G will be coming over to give her a look over as he is the Drag racer man lol. Paul will also be coming over to help with my bonnet scoop thank you both for helping my little kids dream come true and thank you chris for all the help restoring my baby :) couldn't have done it otherwise.

• Like 1

So today we finally turned the key and she fired up without any issues what noise came from that beast she just came alive. It was so loud I couldn't even hear myself talk :). Few little issues but nothing major.

Just want to say thank you to Tony G for your help today checking the engine over and Paul for making my bonnet scoop :)

• Like 2

Whos that ugly git on the throttle lol :)

Nice to hear it run tho. Clevelands have a unique sound to me like a very raw V8 noise normally assosiated with bigger engines. Probably cos the inlet ports are mahoosive .

Never realised you were filming Paul  :thumbup  Good capture

Tony

Nick I'll call you tomorrow re a detail we need to check out.

Are paul your a git lol well doesn't show the hole car lol who is the ugly git in black lol. but she does sound nice I looks as though I have been sent the wrong thermostat so that could be why she is over heating.

Edited by DiMarco