Opel Manta A Series Hot Rod (Beast)

DiMarco

£900 is a bit steep, especially considering the gold plating won't survive the heat.

I wasn't happy when they said it as I was quoted £450 for the job and that was with there discount from talking about them through the club.

Car couldn't get her MOT as the mot place couldn't get her on the ramp I believe they have a surface mounted 4 post ramp and wouldn't get up onto it. Need a infloor ramp that is the same level as the ground so you just drive her straight on.

Edited by DiMarco

the price isn't really the point I am getting at. I asked for a quote on this during the start of the project and I was quoted £500 I then got It down to £450 and I said are you sure this is for both exhausts and manifold and I was told yes. When I am quoted on something and when I get ready to get it sorted and they bump up the price its a kick in the teeth and im sorry but pisses me off more of the principle rather than the price. but has I saved the money out of the build and sold personal bits to get all this sorted its messed me up.

• Like 1

Well all the parts on the MOT that failed where all fixed yesterday so it has new front wheel bearing, seat belts have been relocated few bolts needed changing and tightening plus the rear rose joints needed rubber boots over them.

Once finished I did give it a little drive up chris's drive way and I can wait to drive it for real :D

MOT station commented that it was not down on the new system which came into efect in 2005, so looks like its not had a MOT since before 2005.

All ready for you to collect Nick along with CD of all pics taken during work.

MOT station commented that it was not down on the new system which came into efect in 2005, so looks like its not had a MOT since before 2005.

All ready for you to collect Nick along with CD of all pics taken during work.

Thank you very much chris I am very grateful. I will be given them to gemma to make a build photo album for me to use at shows.

I would really like to say a big thank you to the below people of who have helped made a childhood dream become real I cant thank you enough as it has been a tough build and there have been times I will say that I thought of throwing in the towel. But after keep going the end result has become brilliant.

Big thank you to

Chris (CR Classics)

Paul

Tony G