Opel Manta A Series Hot Rod (Beast)

DiMarco

Glad you like it Dave I love it :D that was running off the manifolds you could not hear yourself speak

I played the video when i was at my friends to let him hear it he has a subwoofer connected to his pc and when the Manta started up his dad came running up the stairs thinking the hot water tank had burst!!!!!!!! :D:lol: :lol:

• Like 1

I played the video when i was at my friends to let him hear it he has a subwoofer connected to his pc and when the Manta started up his dad came running up the stairs thinking the hot water tank had burst!!!!!!!! :D:lol: :lol:

Ha  ha ha what a laugh lol well she does make a hell of a noise should have heard it up close you could not even hear your own voice.

• Like 1

Ok I thought as Paul has been so kind to show a video of the beast with paint I thought to hell with it she has been soon with new paint. All the photos below are from the last post made up to last week :) enjoy everyone :) there has been a lot of progression in the last few weeks.

IMAG0417.jpgIMAG0418.jpg

Fresh paint job :)

IMAG0419.jpg

IMAG0420.jpg

Now putting her back together :D

IMAG0422.jpg

IMAG0424.jpg

IMAG0427.jpg

IMAG0428.jpg

IMAG0429.jpg

IMAG0432.jpg

IMAG0439.jpg

IMAG0441.jpg

IMAG0442.jpg

What a maze of wires I wouldn't know were to start.

IMAG0443-1.jpg

IMAG0449.jpg

Freshly repaired and sprayed grill and chrome strips sprayed orange don't like chrome :P

IMAG0450.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

Today was one long day lol :) it was all about the interior today. So the carpet is now cut and made for the beast sound proofing in place wonder how much difference it will make lol. All the flocked panels are also in place so all she needs now is the seats and the belts then all done :D

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

Decided to hide the bigger arches think it looks a lot better.

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

• Like 1

Looking great mate! watched the vid as well and all i can say is shes very well named!

shes a beast!

Glad you like it mate she is a right beast and cant wait to drive her :D.

That is coming out really nice,

Think it might make a good car for the NEC Show.

Thanks mate that means a lot but I don't think she is that good to be among them cars.

What a long weekend didn't get home from Chris's till 10 at night Saturday and Sunday. A huge amount has been done the interior is now complete seats and harnesses are bolted in. I have also put my CD in and yes I can still hear the music at high rev I tried it :D. The engine bay is complete now the coolant tank is finished along with the NOS system cables. Now the only parts that need doing are small jobs and one big one. The scoop attached to the bonnet  and sprayed is the big job and the small ones are couple of chips, a bulb and sorting the indicator stalk.

IMAG0473.jpg

IMAG0468.jpg

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG0471.jpgIMAG0470.jpg

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0478.jpg

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0475.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg

Edited by DiMarco
  • Like 1

Look forward to seeing this come along to some of our meets or shows next year!!

I really want to take it to a show this year but I don't think that will happen :( as I looks like when I finally have her completed after finishing off with chris it will need the exhaust and manifolds mate, mopping, graphics and the boot needs to be built which will get a company to probably do. once that is done she will have to go away in the garage as it will be icy and cold to drive her :(

I really want to take it to a show this year but I don't think that will happen  :( as I looks like when I finally have her completed after finishing off with chris it will need the exhaust and manifolds mate, mopping, graphics and the boot needs to be built which will get a company to probably do. once that is done she will have to go away in the garage as it will be icy and cold to drive her :(

And spend the winter making her mint ready for the show season next year :)

What a day and another pain in the ass lol. Some times old cars are such a pain in the ass as some of you know trying to fit an A series bonnet is a mission as I found out today the nose of the bonnet scratched the body not happy. But after a few hours it is sorted and the best you can get it and the locks are fitted along with the mirrors. As you can see with the below the car is finished :D finally I cant believe the day has come the only thing that need to be done is to put the washer hose through the bonnet, a rear tail light and the number plate light then she is MOT ready. So hopefully all goes well this week coming she will be ready to be on the road and this weekend come I will bring her home :D.

It doesn't end there. When she is home the new exhaust will be put on, then the car will get a full mopping and polish, the wheels are going to be welded + polished and then I will get the graphics put on the car then fully complete.

IMAG0486.jpg

IMAG0487.jpg

IMAG0488.jpg

IMAG0489.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

IMAG0491.jpg 

IMAG0492.jpg

IMAG0493.jpg

IMAG0494.jpg

• Like 3