Opel Manta A Series Hot Rod (Beast)

DiMarco

Mofiied cars are always a nightmare until you have bottomed out every issue. It is just part of the fun :wacko:

Yeah I guess mate the other issue is the engine just fits between the 2 chassis rails so there isn't much room to work on it when it is in the car.

Just a thought. As either way it will be a big job to get at, could you support the engine from above, lower the subframe down (or out completely), then lower the engine with box still attached to mount until access is gained? Might be do-able without dropping water or oil. Just thinking out loud.

Tony

Just a thought. As either way it will be a big job to get at, could you support the engine from above, lower the subframe down (or out completely), then lower the engine with box still attached to mount until access is gained? Might be do-able without dropping water or oil. Just thinking out loud.

Tony

Not a bad idea Tony but you cant do that due to the exhaust manifolds. One of them on each side goes under so it is a engine and gearbox out job. Once that is done I need to sort out the rear axle which I might ask for your help has it never done it before but now it is starting to knock. You need to really be there to hear as I am not sure what it is to be honest.

i have only just been able to catch up on what is happening with your project and im sorry to here about your starer motor issues.

i love the photos posted before the car does realy look like a "beast". keep up with the good work and try to keep your cool with the car, i defenatly know how mad car can make you.

i have only just been able to catch up on what is happening with your project and im sorry to here about your starer motor issues.

i love the photos posted before the car does realy look like a "beast". keep up with the good work and try to keep your cool with the car, i defenatly know how mad car can make you.

Thanks buddy I am keeping my cool with her but seems one thing after another. Anyway I am having a break from her for the moment until we can get her back in the garage again. but when she is ready I hope all is well lol but I guess she is an old car so problems will arise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got some great news yesterday :D. Chris gave me a call late yesterday saying he has sorted the starting problem. Couldn't believe it was a fuse had blown that was hidden among the wires. So there is a new fuse and it has been moved to the fuse box and first turn of the key bang she fires up :D. just need to look at the knocking at the back then MOT time.

• Like 2

Not all good after all. Spoke to the chaps at the exhaust place and they said they cant do the job for the price quote. Now on the hunt for another exhaust place as im not happy with the fact I get quoted and now they want more not happening so will have to see if there is one in Oxfordshire where I am based to do the job.

Chris told me at the NEC that he had found out it was an electrical fault instead of the started so that is good that it is a fuse change to solve the problem. She will be on the road in no time ready for Santa Pod :D

Jack

Yeah no doubt but now need to find another exhaust company as the one that wanted more money from what they quoted so not happy.