Opel Manta A Series Hot Rod (Beast)

DiMarco

Fantastic Nick, the day has finally arrived! I really felt the pain when you said you scratched the paint with the bonnet, ouch, as long as its sorted now. This will be a day to remember, congratulations to you and Chris.

Thank you Jack very kind words. Yeah was gutting and wasn't happy but it has been touched up now so all good and a few other little scratches along the way.

that looks    M E A N ! ! ! i really want to see this car in the flesh.

I am releaved about one thing, the colour, the workshop photos must have been effected by the lighting because the colour looked like peach ! i wondered if Chris had mixed something special, after all he did paint a Carlton estate PINK !!

• Like 1

What a day and another pain in the ass lol. Some times old cars are such a pain in the ass as some of you know trying to fit an A series bonnet is a mission as I found out today the nose of the bonnet scratched the body not happy. But after a few hours it is sorted and the best you can get it and the locks are fitted along with the mirrors. As you can see with the below the car is finished :D finally I cant believe the day has come the only thing that need to be done is to put the washer hose through the bonnet, a rear tail light and the number plate light then she is MOT ready. So hopefully all goes well this week coming she will be ready to be on the road and this weekend come I will bring her home :D.

It doesn't end there. When she is home the new exhaust will be put on, then the car will get a full mopping and polish, the wheels are going to be welded + polished and then I will get the graphics put on the car then fully complete.

IMAG0486.jpg

IMAG0487.jpg

IMAG0488.jpg

IMAG0489.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

IMAG0491.jpg

IMAG0492.jpg

IMAG0493.jpg

IMAG0494.jpg

Looks superb i love this car loads! :D Are the wheel dollies from SGS engineering? I have a set and they're great :)

that looks    M E A N ! ! ! i really want to see this car in the flesh.

I am releaved about one thing, the colour, the workshop photos must have been effected by the lighting because the colour looked like peach ! i wondered if Chris had mixed something special, after all he did paint a Carlton estate PINK !!

Glad you like it buddy I am really happy with it, Yea the lighting in the garage made her look like a very light orange / peach which really is me lol. Just sorting out insurance at the moment.

Looks superb i love this car loads! :D Are the wheel dollies from SGS engineering? I have a set and they're great :)

the rear wheels are Centrelines and the fronts are a replica I think but I would like to get them in a 15 so I can put bigger brakes on the front.

Just fell for that lol should be blonde I even looked them up as I have been looking to find allow wheels like this lol you got me dave well done.

Edited by DiMarco
  • Like 1

Just what I thought paul I am going to haggle a little bit more between them and Adrian and see who comes out on top :)

Have you tried Cherished Vehicle Insurance on here? They should be able to help the club, and I work for the company that owns them, so maybe I can help persuade them to insure your project??

Have you tried Cherished Vehicle Insurance on here? They should be able to help the club, and I work for the company that owns them, so maybe I can help persuade them to insure your project??

I have tried them simiffy but they where unable to quote me better then I got from a company called classic line they managed to quote me £265.72 for the year.

thank you for looking into it for me very grateful.

Edited by DiMarco

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't look like she will be on the road any time soon :(. The car almost went up in smoke as an earth wire got really hot under the dash and smoked like a bitch. Once that was fixed the rear end started to knock which sound like it is coming from the axle. After finding this it was looked into but nothing was found so decided to run the back end on axle stand to see and now the engine will not start all you get from the starter motor is a ticking noise so sound as though the starter has blown. Now have to wait as it is an engine out job to get to it due to the manifolds are in the way so the car is now on hold. 

Really pissed off with it at the moment as the time you get to the finish line something stops you. 1 step forward 20 back.

Doesn't look like she will be on the road any time soon :(. The car almost went up in smoke as an earth wire got really hot under the dash and smoked like a bitch. Once that was fixed the rear end started to knock which sound like it is coming from the axle. After finding this it was looked into but nothing was found so decided to run the back end on axle stand to see and now the engine will not start all you get from the starter motor is a ticking noise so sound as though the starter has blown. Now have to wait as it is an engine out job to get to it due to the manifolds are in the way so the car is now on hold. 

Really pissed off with it at the moment as the time you get to the finish line something stops you. 1 step forward 20 back.

The best thing to do is just relax, wait a few days, then go back and start looking at the issue.

If the starter clicks check the battery as Paul has suggested.

• Like 2

Battery got plenty of charge?

battery is fine fully charged no problem there.

Bad news Nick sorry to hear it. Chris and I spoke on the weekend about it. If you need a starter I have a brand new one here for sale.

Cheers

Tony

Might take you up on that mate depending how much and making sure it is defiantly the correct one :)

The best thing to do is just relax, wait a few days, then go back and start looking at the issue.

If the starter clicks check the battery as Paul has suggested.

Trying to buddy but it is such a pain and I love the car but my god hasn't she been a nightmare at times.

• Like 1