Membership

What are the benefits of being omoc member?

Agm vote? Really! Consideration taken to members views!

A return on profits made by omoc? Returned to members?

When/if  this club folds, who is the rich man! Who holds the bucks?

This club should be open enough to answer all of the above! But past experience, couldnt depend upon this............

6 gumtree cars, ascona 400, parts stocks held but missing, .....alot of ghosts in the closets.

• Like 2

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 18:52, BLACK-GTE said:

Hi been looking at rejoining but it will only offer me family membership when I go to pay is there a way to change this, cheers Andy 

I'll send you a message.

why are comments like the one above by evo 3000 not discussed openly , my membership is due soon , i honestly do not know what to do . i like the mantas every bit as much as any member of the omoc .

Although I am no longer on the committee, I have been a continues member of the club since 1992, and spent 7 years in the role of membership Secretary.  this I be leave has given me some insight into the inner working of the club.

This is my personal view on the questions that @Evo3 has asked.

What are the benefits of being omoc member?

The club is what you make it, you more you are involved in the club the more benefits you will get out of it.

Agm vote? Really! Consideration taken to members views!

Not too sure what point you are making with this statement? All paid up members get a vote at the AGM, and can make proposals to be considered and voted on.

A return on profits made by omoc? Returned to members?

The OMOC is a non-profit making club, and as such all moneys held by the club must be used for the membership's benefit. Last year, as well as this year, the club has used some of this money to allow free entry and BBQ on the OMOC field.

Also at this year's AGM, members have been asked for ideas on what else they would like club funds to be spent on.

Taken from the 2016 AGM minutes: "The club is non-profit making, money is accumulating and needs to be spent. Any member with suggestions as to what the club may benefit from, approach a member of the Exec for this to be considered and put into place. "

When/if  this club folds, who is the rich man! Who holds the bucks?

I do not have a copy of the club constitution so I am unable to answer this question.

But my understanding is that should the club fold then any money left in the club accounts after any expenses will be evenly split between all paid up club members.

6 gum tree cars, ascona 400, parts stocks held but missing, .....a lot of ghosts in the closets.

6 gum tree cars.

What about the 6 cars, nothing to do with the club.  The seller offered 11 car to the club last year, the club tried to buy all 11 but the deal fell through and the club bought 2 in the end. 1 was sold, with any profit going into club funds and the other is still for sale.

ascona 400

I am waiting for Lepo to come back with some more information regarding this car.  As I personally have no knowledge of the club ever buying an Accona 400

parts stocks held but missing.

Once again please can you give more information, I am un aware of any parts stock the club holds or any parts stock the club has held that have gone missing

• Like 1

I don't usually comment but why is it there's always someone who criticizes how a car club is run , in my experience these people are nowhere to be seen when there's something needs doing or a club position becomes available  ! Maintaining forward momentum and harmony in a car club is very difficult as is pleasing  all the members , I'm on the committee of a ford club so see it from all sides and there are some members clubs can well do without ! 

Edited by Mk1madness
  • Like 1

To evo03

So you hijack an other members thread, to throw shite at a commettie of a club you are not a member off and demand answeres. And yet, when I take the time and the effort to try and answere your question, you can't be bothered because it is not the answere you wanted.

I ask you for more information regarding the " missing parts stock" but none is forth coming,  this seems to be the way with most of the muck throwers on this forum, never able to back the muck up with proof.

If you don't want to join the club as a paid up member, that is up to you, but please don't come on here stiring up trouble, if you are not prepaired to back up your comments.

To Black-GTE

Sorry your thread has been hi jacked.

• Like 4

Apologies to black gte,  :ph34r:, but my initial question was a general, what are the benefits of joining this club, btw goodluck with your membership, ........eat plenty at billing! 

To mantaray, i was a long standing member, but not this year, if it doesnt change? Id rather spend the extra £25 on.............something worth while!

the problem is £25 per member, per year x200 members = 5k, or x400 members, = 10k, multiply that by ten years, = 100k

Take a years omoc membership x 400 members = 10k, Where is this money spent?, how do members benefit, And believe me i went to agm with this, usual omoc, brushed under the carpet, forgotten about,.......... what im looking is clarity, not throwing shit(e), just trying to get the right answer that the omoc, cant give!  End off..........., and dont even try and answer this, as it cant be answered until this the omoc, realise they are doing wrong!

• Like 1

I would like to know what the exec committee have done wrong, I trust them with every penny of my membership fee at the last AGM I attended it was realized the club had a good amount in the bank so the free bbq was arranged for billing and club reps had a budget to buy a gazebo for every region

also it costs to produce the magazine and post it also they can't have more magazine's unless the members write a article

• Like 1