Bolts

Kurtupsin75

Goodmorning everybody, the original bolts have a 30mm long thread. And a very thick washer (4mm). Mickfrad showed above the bolts I ordered from Edelschmiede, they have allan hexagon heads and are easier to use. But when they arrived I noticed the washer is thinner and diameter is smaller. Pic of the original:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Think the washer is thick so it won't bend after torquing the bolts, and are wider so the washer has got more grip on the manifolds. (preventing to break?) Looked at Thomas (Edelschmiede) his shop but look to be out of order.

I think the original question is about the bolts that attach the carb inlet manifold to the top of the exhaust manifold (the one with the large hole in the top of the exhaust manifold, not the GT/e manifold). Not the manifold to head bolts that are pictures above

1 hour ago, mantasrme said:

I think the original question is about the bolts that attach the carb inlet manifold to the top of the exhaust manifold (the one with the large hole in the top of the exhaust manifold, not the GT/e manifold). Not the manifold to head bolts that are pictures above

Whoops sorry my fault for not reading the original post properly. 

1 hour ago, H-400 said:

Goodmorning everybody, the original bolts have a 30mm long thread. And a very thick washer (4mm). Mickfrad showed above the bolts I ordered from Edelschmiede, they have allan hexagon heads and are easier to use. But when they arrived I noticed the washer is thinner and diameter is smaller. Pic of the original:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Think the washer is thick so it won't bend after torquing the bolts, and are wider so the washer has got more grip on the manifolds. (preventing to break?) Looked at Thomas (Edelschmiede) his shop but look to be out of order.

Thank you Herman, I’ve looked for Allen headed bolts but have been unable to find them. The ones I listed are cheap compared to others and just need one or possibly two large washers. Hopefully this may help somebody. 
Unfortunately I have no idea about the bolts kurtupsin75 is looking for. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, H-400 said:

Herman is right, washer is thinner with the skt head bolts (which were fitted to 6 cylinder engines)....but I find easier to fit and remove these with smaller 3/8 inch ratchet....

Sorry guys, was also too fast. But I plead not guilty! I am Flemisch and don't speeka  English! The Polish army liberated us🍺. And I speek German like Lt. Grüber from "Allo Allo"...

Looked into the parts catalogue and the carbs are fitted with M8 studs and the bolts (1.6-1.9-2.0) are M8X65 fillister head (screwdriver). Indeed 4 pieces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1