Coupe

1200bandit

• 2 weeks later...

Are you checking the Facebook groups as well Wayne, Opel Manta b series buy and sell, Opel Manta uk fan club, Opel Manta owners club, possibly more chance of getting one for sale there than on the usual web searches, e bay, car and classic etc been over them tonight and absolutely nothing for a coupe.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

Can not go and get cars in this lock down 

Are you in Hull

Yes Hull mate. I have not even properly advertised it yet anyway, mentioned it on FB and advert here can only be seen by members anyway. I am due to get it back to the Garage end of the month and got a couple if little jobs to do, like new timing belt kit and exhaust to fit , so if we go back to the tiers mid Feb as expected, so be ready around then and not before anyway.

However, there are options if you could compromise with a hatchback though, a couple of nice ones advertised currently.

Edited by Jessopia74

9 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Yes Hull mate.

there are options if you could compromise and go with a hatch though, a couple of nice ones advertised currently.

Don’t feel the love for a hatch, the last manta was a hatch and 100% solid 

14 hours ago, Mike. said:

Are you checking the Facebook groups as well Wayne, Opel Manta b series buy and sell, Opel Manta uk fan club, Opel Manta owners club, possibly more chance of getting one for sale there than on the usual web searches, e bay, car and classic etc been over them tonight and absolutely nothing for a coupe.

I am checking everyday on Facebook (l am menders of most on the groups on there) 

Not in a rush as not moved house yet ( which is costing more cash) 

If one shows up l be on it if looks right 

57 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

Forgot to put l have £9,000 to get the right manta 

You won't be interested in this one then! 😁

https://www.theparking-cars.co.uk/used-cars-detail/opel-manta/b-gsi-exclusiv/XQM5VNH7.html

There is this one coming up for auction next month:

https://mathewsons.co.uk/auctions/auction-dates/vehicles/16457-1986-opel-manta-gte

Edited by Monaco Blue

I’ve read on other forums it’s had welding to Swan necks, rear arches require work, this may see it sell for an achievable amount and make a really nice manta once done, I like it a lot, even with the exclusive spoiler.

Edited by Mike.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, IanMc said:

Have a bid on it Wayne, you never know!

Had a look at bidding and if it’s done on line ( which is what you have to do) it’s plus 2.5% on top of you pay In fees 

Then it has to be delivered from the outer side of the country

Plus you don’t really know what you’re getting 

If l get a Manta from the club member, hopefully it will be a honest manta , or if someone is near they can check it out.

Have a look at Mike’s post .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...