Nice Red GTE for Sale

• GTEPETE changed the title to Nice Red GTE for Sale
3 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Who’s is it then? I’ve not seen that one before. Mines a Carmine red hatch in GT form but is widely mistaken for a GTE. The 1.8 was a nicer engine though, despite the CIH being utterly bullet proof 🤣

Would have been great had they put the AstraGTE 1.8 in with the injection too 😂 can imagine the design to family too was supposed to be a planned upgrade , but guess they had a lot of CIH engines still to get rid of. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Would have been great had they put the AstraGTE 1.8 in with the injection too 😂 can imagine the design to family too was supposed to be a planned upgrade , but guess they had a lot of CIH engines still to get rid of. 

I think with the impending loom of the calibra meant they had to kill it off. I think. 

• Like 1

The Calibra only came out in ‘89, I suspect they thought the days of a GT or Coupe was over, the Manta B had a long production run!

The Kadett D GTE was out by ‘82 so a lighter quicker injected manta could have happened with the ‘82 Manta facelift but either there was much more production availability for the CiH or the marketing guys wanted their ‘hot hatch’ to seem much more modern. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Yes, or perhaps the 2.0 Astra GTE 8v from the MK2 as a replacement for the CIH GTE midway through the run or the "new" engine of the exclusives. It would have given us a lot more "conversion" gearboxes! 😬

I wonder how this passed an MOT without side repeaters? They were mandatory from April '86.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rick-Manta said:

Yes, or perhaps the 2.0 Astra GTE 8v from the MK2 as a replacement for the CIH GTE midway through the run or the "new" engine of the exclusives. It would have given us a lot more "conversion" gearboxes! 😬

I wonder how this passed an MOT without side repeaters? They were mandatory from April '86.

7 hours ago, Rick-Manta said:

I suspect it's actually an August 85 car, not August 86.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...