My old GTE Coupe is WRITTEN OFF

Fookin hell Mick well done! Of course the proof of the pudding is in the eating so we'll see how the test goes [:D]

Where's the beige interior gone? I want one for my newest purchase

OMOC #5826..... 79 SRB coupe - 'interesting project', 79 Cav saloon - 16v sleeper, 1989 Senator CD - I've been converted! But it's for sale! Yakshimash.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Passed MOT no probs!id="red">id="size6">

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Having driven it before and now its like a different car, this is how they should be. Sooooooooo much faster [:D] its like the back end is on castor [:D] back end stepped out several times, great fun [:D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Ascona FOR SALE

1981 Manta B Coupe

Blimey.

Fancy a go at my A series?

http://www.mackay.eclipse.co.uk/Manta5/side.JPG [:P]

Vauxhall charge as much as £88 per hour, so at mates rates of 25% you'll still be asking him for £2200.

[:D]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMOC #5988

sigpic.JPG

I hae a few guid reasons for drinkin’

And yin juist entered ma heid

If a man canna’ drink while he’s livin’

Hoo the Hell can he drink when he’s deid!

From looking round UMM when you visited my house mick, i would think thats a walk in the park compared to what you have just achieved!!

Awesome effort, mind you i reckon youve earned a break now!

chrisb.

UMM will be done soon, need to go buy the paint before stock of the real stuff runs out and I end up with water based stuff.

For those who dont know, this is UUM

DSCI0622.jpg

I have another old car to MOT soon, 1970 Mk2 Cortina Estate, thats where the SEH will be going with the 5 speed [:D][:D]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Ascona FOR SALE

1981 Manta B Coupe

Mind blowing Mick,well done bud!!You could have washed it though!!lol.I do love that colour (uum)must be honest guys,i do like the earlier cars (have to really,i've got one)more than the later ones-no offence ment guys,the later ones are still nice looking motors,but the earlier ones do look the best for me.

Paul Ansell omoc 5963 (Birmingham)

I've heard that Turquoise is a really difficult colour to spray, so I think you ought to practice on JHK first. Of course you'll need to do a fair bit of welding first [:D][:D][:D]

Mantahatch.jpg

omoc 5660,Cambridge & The Fens Area Rep.

"He who fights and runs away, will live to be thrashed on another day"

Hi Steve,lovely motor there mate,and a cracking plate on it also.My first manta was AOM something....so when i had the number plates made,i had them put Ansells Opel Manta (AOM)on the bottom of the plate,sad really!!Then stripped the car to find it was totalled,what a twat!cheers

quote:Originally posted by pma

Then stripped the car to find it was totalled,what a twat!cheers

id="quote">id="quote">

I lol'd

Great work Mick.

I'm not jealous. No. Not all. [:(] [:P]

OMOC 5885

quote:Originally posted by pma

PS.Was that the car from Bristol i think Mick,was is not?What do you have planned for it?

id="quote">id="quote">

Yes it was that one, it was on Ebay a while ago near me but I missed it. Then last october it was advertised in Bristol so I had to get it.

Plans are strip it to repair bodywork if it needs it [:D][:D][:D] and replace the scuttle panel as its gone along the V gully by the screen. Then full respray the same colour, put it back together as it is now, just adding a chin spoiler to it nothing more.

I'm planning on it being at Billing but depends on work commitments, would hope to be able to do it by then.

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Ascona FOR SALE

1981 Manta B Coupe

Yeah thought it was,i was about 1m/m from having it myself,but "she who must be obeyed" stuck her bloody oar in .TBH i really have enough on my hands with one i have now,and if i'm honest,i would have struggled to get it done done in the next 20 years,just thought it looked the dogs in the pictures.Glad to hear your going the standard route,chin spoiler,definetly and to be honest i also love the "lip" rear spoiler as fitted to some SR's,can't wait to see it done.

James,how are you getting on with your repairs,in my opinion (humble)yours is the best looking B i,ve ever seen,just stunning!How long have you had it,were did you get it,whats the milage and can i have the address where she's kept (is there any security there?)lol

My first hatch was the same colour,but HAD to scrap it,needed major,major welding,panels,paint,engine knackered etc,bloody shame.

Mick(sorry to be all over the place-long day)did you use grey primer on the head lining,if so,what sort,as in the plastic primer,or normal paint primer,and do you know if you can get it in brush on,reason being i've already had a new head lining fitted,so can't spray inside the car,cheers

The paint is Cellulose grey primer, nothing special. I cleaned the liner in situ with Panelwipe, cleans off all the grease and muck but not strong enough to damage the lining. interior and Glass out reverse masked it and sprayed it, 3 coats and it looks and feels good, not rough just as it should be. Hardest thing is spraying inside and not touching it as you get tangled up with the lead lamp wire and the airline..[:D][:D] Not sure how brushing it would come out, better spraying if you can, even if you used rattle cans.

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Ascona FOR SALE

1981 Manta B Coupe

Thanks for the reply Mick,problem is i've refitted half the interior,and fitted all the glass back in,so being honest,i just can't be arsed taking all that out again,its took 8 years to get em in!!!The head lining is brand new though and is white,so doesn't look to bad against the grey recaro's,eventually (money permitting)i would like the interior completly re-trimmed in some of that blitz material that Nick's (usa) mate has had made up.

Just had a phone call from my mate who owns it, collected it drove fine loves it...... However he totalled it this morning, both of us are gutted. May be photos posted later but for now it sounds bad, bonnet up the screen, wheels pushed under etc.[V] I'll not be able to see it until the weekend though.

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Ascona FOR SALE

1981 Manta B Coupe

Sweet jesus!

If I'd done all that work, gutted wouldn't be the word.

Hung drawn n quartered more like!

I trust your mate is in one piece.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMOC #5988

hmackay at opel-manta.com

sigpic.JPG

Apparently is was, lost the back end going over a crest, greasy road, bit of mud but spun it and went into a ditch and hedge I think he said. Good thing is he is ok and escaped unhurt, car sounds bad though.[V]

Mick

OMOC 5924

DSCI0619.jpg

1981 Ascona FOR SALE

1981 Manta B Coupe

I'm really sorry for you Mick. I'm glad your mate's okay.

If you manage to rebuild it again, you'll need to change your user name to 'Steve Austin'! Or call the car 'Christine'[}:)]

Cheers,

Joe.

Please log in to the Forum from the home page folks. It helps to keep the site at the top on Google.

You mean the wrestler? [:o)]

OMOC #5988

hmackay at opel-manta.com

sigpic.JPG