V6 Twin Turbo,d Manta

johno

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will be fitting pair of these to volvo axle now theres no torque tube or center bearing to keep axle in place!! will be sorting bigger injectors and fuel pump soon... should be running 10 psi through each turbo will make things interesting.. Gulp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Replaced standed actuators with these fully ajustable one,s have set of bigger injectors and should have bespoke plenum end nxt week, still need order new uprated fuel pump and fuel lines... busy working to pay for these but hope find the time have them all bolted up and working at some point?!..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gary, cant remember the overall length of volvo axle, if used with big arched 4oo manta then there be no need cut axle.but if like me your running standed body work had to chop 23mm from each side of axle and you would need to cut 15mm from each half shaft spline before you ended up with the same overall length as the manta axle. as regards axle i used 1030 axle from 760 turbo volvo,but i think same axle was also used in the 240 range..there are couple of diffrent diff-lock set up with these axles but i think all are up to the job, you can also change internal diff / half shafts from one axle to another, but as i found you cant interchange half shafts from one axle with diff from another axle. regards johno..

• 1 month later...

Hi all, after finding out that stretch bolts in heads start to lift at 16psi.. have spent the day changing them for some uprated ones!!.. as im going to run 20psi just to be safe..have had to order bigger pair of turbos for bit more blow-have set of uprated injectors now! but still waiting for new inlet maniifold to arrive? going to make two new link pipes and re-work the turbos to front of engine bay as im not happy with all pipe work as is!! will post some pics soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...