Just Bought My Manta

sam d

hi iam from halifax in west yorkshire and ive just bought a manta. Its a 1986 gte exculsive coupe in dolphin silver. Shes currently partly stripped but iam in the process of throwing her back together. Iam on the look out for some sills if anyone could help me??

Plans are to get her back on the road for summer then a full restoration next year i am also planning on showing her a billing this year instead of my mk4 astra gsi. Heres some pictures for now cheers

image0359.jpg

image0360.jpg

This the one that was on ebay the other week?

Either way looks like a pretty solid car to use as a starting point, hopefully won't take too much work to get it back on the road thumbsup.gif

yeh this is the one that was on ebay. Yeh it is really solid its been a well looked after car.

Welcome, looks a good basis, enjoy it this year and I hope its not too rusty when you restore it!

keep us updated please

Cheers I can't wait to get it on the road.Rust is'nt looking to back either!bonus

Hello and welcome

Very nice biggrin.gif

I believe the club has geniune GM sills (try the online shop). Your motorfactor should still suppy aftermarket ones thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

Keith

cheers keith ill check it out

thumbsup.gif hi that looks nice is that a garage or an aircraft hangar biggrin.gif would love the space you could get two mantas in there

haha.yeh its a garage. The manta only just fits at the moment between my dads e-type jag, 2x land rover series one's, 1972 range rover and austion 10!!!

Welcome to the OMOC. Looks good, enjoy the forum and the resto thumbsup.gif

Neil.

cheers neil

Sweet..saw this on ebay?...glad its gone to someone sensible smile.gif

yeh i won it on ebay very happy with it

cheers andy.So far no major surprises ive just chiseled the sound detening off the footwells a couple of holes have appeared but nothing to worry about. Welder is booked for wednesday thursday to sort it out.

Yeh i really like this colour looks gold in some lights and silver in others.

Hi i saw the car advertised on ebay, the car looks loads better on your pics, good luck with the mot...another w,yorkshire manta. thumbsup.gif marc

cheers mark. bit of an update the car is now wing less, door less and interior less ready for welding tomorrow i keep hiding damn holes!!!ha

image0364.jpg

Hi Sam . Great to see you getting stuck into Andys old car . I spoke to him at the pub meet after you left and i think he is regretting getting rid already although he said he fancies another but one that is all done up . Keep us up to date with your progress and dont hesitate to call me if ya get stuck for any other parts . Regards Ian

Hi Sam . Great to see you getting stuck into Andys old car . I spoke to him at the pub meet after you left and i think he is regretting getting rid already although he said he fancies another but one that is all done up . Keep us up to date with your progress and dont hesitate to call me if ya get stuck for any other parts . Regards Ian

hi ian yeh ill get a restoration thread up and keep it updated soon. Just have to sort me pictures out!! All the weldings done now, took 3 days in total but at least its solid now. Its had both sills, both rear arches and both footwells plated, plus the usually battery tray and other random rush holes. Iam just in the process of filling and smoothing any imperfections getting it ready for me to paint when it warms up.

• 2 weeks later...