Cheap Oil And Batteries

Kevin Abbott

Want cheap oil and batteries ;)

Join the club, you get a trade card club card for use at your local vauxhall dealer.

I needed some oil for a GM Jeep i had just bought, went to my local ( large ) parts place, they required i parted with 28 of my English Pounds for 5l of 10/40w semi synthetic :blink: :blink:

So off i went to my local vauxhall dealer, i got a box of GM 10/40w semi synthetic oil ( 4 off 5l, so 20l of oil) for 40 quid! Bargain :lol:

The club card doesn't mean you have to buy parts for your Mantas it can save you loads of cash on your and your familys' motors

Batteries are cheap as chips too

JOIN THE CLUB IT'S FREE IF YOU MAKE USE OF THE TRADE CARD

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

Only problem is the GM batteries last 2 years before they drop a cell and the battery is knackered. Mine died after little use and being disconnected when not in use. I just buy cheap batteries now - no problems.

Its a real shame as the GM batteries were about £55 for a 72ah. Just a shame they're rubbish!

Only problem is the GM batteries last 2 years before they drop a cell and the battery is knackered. Mine died after little use and being disconnected when not in use. I just buy cheap batteries now - no problems.

Its a real shame as the GM batteries were about £55 for a 72ah. Just a shame they're rubbish!

You reckon?

Used GM batteries for years, first in our Victor, then the Mk1 Cav, then the Mk 2. Still using in my Mk1. They last about 8 years for me. And boy, did that big 2.3 Victor slant 4 need some welly to turn over!

BJ

GM have dropped the "Go" battery and now only sell the OE spec ones. A tad more than the Go Battery but still a far price on Trade Club. Also remember that Batteries have a three year warranty BUT they have to be checked but a dealer.

Andy

I've got an expensive (16-17 months old) AC Deco (I think) battery on mines (never had any problem with it). Drove manta from the south of England to Scotland in Oct (6-7 hours), parked the car in garage; tried to start it last week 'clickety, click' :( Put charger on for 20mins 'Vrooom' Braw :D

I would have taken the battery back! most batteries have two years warranty, some even three years (Mines) :D

Maybe someone could a write a 'good' article about servicing or testing the plates on a battery for the next meg ;)

lookers vauxhall blackburn no problem. accrington garages vauxhall no problem.

i went in and used trade club card showed my pic license to back up who i was, they even sell me stuff at less than trade club if they can :o standard manta front pads where 50p a set while stocks last. box of 20 oil filters £18 including vat.

lookers vauxhall blackburn no problem. accrington garages vauxhall no problem.

i went in and used trade club card showed my pic license to back up who i was, they even sell me stuff at less than trade club if they can :o standard manta front pads where 50p a set while stocks last. box of 20 oil filters £18 including vat.

So am I missing something? I've been told to use my membership card and quote the trade club no in the past. What am I doing wrong?

The Clubs Trade Club number is on the back of your membership card. If the dealer you are using refuses to take the card and is part of the Trade Club program insist on speaking to the Parts Manager and ask him to call the trade club link line to confirm.

Cheers

Andy

I think trade stuff is dealt with differently at different dealers. I didn't get trade prices from one as they said it needed to be ordered on account, tho they did give me some discount anyway when I showed me membership card (and got a free mag of the vaux club, a nice wee chat and a mention of some contacts of folk who might be able to help with manta spares!)

• 2 months later...

Bearing in mind that oil specs go across ranges, how much / what part would I ask for to get oil for a July 1995 328 from Vauxhall?

This oil seems OK on the Opie Oils website, but cutting costa and all............ http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-984-fuchs-titan-supersyn-5w-40-high-performance-fully-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx So something to appropriate spec?

After all my understanding is that if you had you car serviced by a non dealer / other make dealer they would pump oil out of a drum and not a fancy oil unless requested and charging extra.

As pointed out earlier it's a benefit not necesserily imited to the Manta

• 4 weeks later...

.....................accrington garages vauxhall no problem.

Went there today with card and license, left with oil, 20 Litres £41.76

Have to say I was surprised as three different dealers had refused before. However, all good cheers for the tip.

Had the same problem with local vaux shop, not excepting oor trade club card a while back so jist had awe little chat in thi ear of thi top organ grinder in thi place soon all sorted,but parts manager not to chuffed gangin ower his heed,must have thought I had just left the garage when leaving parts, NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!! :D Next time I went in he could not be more helpfull. :thumbup

We did have a good vaux shop just a tad further away and the parts man Alex would have searched to the ends of the earth for you,as he kept all old feich`s and one old machine for vewing,a sad day when that dealership closed and the loss of Alex.

Edited by Rab

should of give me a shout only 4 miles from me i would of made you a brew :D . get to the pub meet loads of bargains going on every first friday ;)

Was in my dinner hour but thanks for the offer. Meets wise I just can't go to one in anything other than a Manta. Seems wrong :(