Manta Gte Ebay

nice car but not for the unwelding people out their. them legs look bad and the roof too.

deffo good poke about b4 anyone buying this i suggest.

That's what I was thinking. :thumbup

I reckon the roof could be easily sorted with a glass replacement, and the chassis legs look like they'll need 'cut out and replaced' (at some point in the near future), not an expensive job but very time consuming (if you can weld, that is). The wing rails need attention also. That said however: It is a nice looking car and the picture's are pretty much honest. I reckon It will sell. I suppose It really depends on the asking price.

Edited by keith1200

its a gamble karen. these later mantas do like to rot, if its cheap enough its worth a blind punt id say, but whats cheap?

if mint its worth 5k+ to restore would cost more than that.

persoally id be going for a look, espescially the A pillers:)

im sure someone will be here soon to tell us what its like:)

its a gamble karen. these later mantas do like to rot, if its cheap enough its worth a blind punt id say, but whats cheap?

if mint its worth 5k+ to restore would cost more than that.

persoally id be going for a look, espescially the A pillers:)

im sure someone will be here soon to tell us what its like:)

Thanks for your help,hubby was'nt keen on spending about the 5k but might change his mind when he reads this.He does weld(had plenty of practice over the years)but time is a real problem,might be better to look again at the 2 in Pistonheads ,which gives me another dilemma .WHICH ONE?

Hello manta people, the car is mine haha, the A posts are mint and have no signs of anything, i didnt put the pics of them on becasue i ran out of picture space, i realy dont want to sell it but i have no room to keep it. the other rail is the same i think the guys brother repaired it, its an easy project i was just telling it as i saw it :thumbup

I know it was a hard choice and if any space does come up i will take it off ebay its to solid and i wont find another in that condition. i like the exclusive bits and i wonder if its the last registered GT/E? as it wasnt registered until very late in 1988.

its the brother car to mine, similar reg same garage/dealer. i will check my registered date. :)

sell the common monaco blue gte and keep this, not many of this colour at billing. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be fuming! love the colour, but would be put off by the amount of work to get it to the condition we'd want it to be in. nice motor all round tho!!! I paid £3k for mine, but it is the 'common' colour, even tho it is my 1st Monaco blue car. After 4 white one's i needed a change :lol:

if like he stated it was a new member of this club should the person still be a member of the club?? no consolation to the seller though as i wouldnt expect it to fetch that kinda money second time around,but ther you go thats evil bay for you????

really bet your f----d off about it

try it on total opel the irish love the manta

steve

//