Manta Berlinetta coupe.

Again on Gumtree, 1984 Berlinetta coupe in black, mot and tax till July 2019. This one looks tidy usable example, offers over £2500. St Helens area. Worked out how to post the link :thumbup

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/1984-opel-manta-coupe/1308111185?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

Edited by Mike.

I see it’s got the quad lights instead of the rectangle ones, Exclusive back bumper and the irschmer infill panel between the rear lights apart from the non stock items I presume this would be a non sunroof which eliminates the rust worries, the paint looks fresh in the photos, if the underside has been well looked after addressing issues as they have arisen then I would agree, quite a bargain to get into coupe ownership. The owner says he has had it for at least 15 years. Is that round OMOC stickers in the back window, is the car known to the club?

I thought that Gery interior with what I refer to as 'Deck Chair' seats was later, and I'm sure I've seen black 1800 Berlinetta's with the Tan interior, what we need is Steve Hancock, 1900SR, he'll put us right !!

It does look like a good'un, even if it did require some chassis rail or jacking attention it's a far better looking starting point than some Manta's being restored currently.

I'm fairly sure that it should originally have had a velour interior, however as with a lot of cars it's had some changes over the years (B1 steering wheel, quads etc) so it's probably had the interior swapped at some point.

• Like 1

Does look like a bargain and maybe the seller hasn't done research?

It is somewhere near me and if I wasn't laid up after surgery I would have taken a look at the usual places of interest.

Looks like someone is going to be a happy Manta owner soon.