I240 hatch

That is very nice, good build threads too.... I don't really have the space or probably quite enough'spare' readies and should concentrate on my Coupe rear quarters,  but it's so tempting as I could fairly quickly have a Manta on the road.

Admit I have had a bid but I suspect this will be too rich for me!!

• Like 1

Tidy looking car. Read the build thread a few times as it's similar to my own hatch xe engine and 400 kit.

As said above I could just buy the shell and stick my hatch engine on it and have a car on the road really quick but I've already got 2 cars sitting unfinished.

Be a good one for somebody.

2 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Early daze but current bidding  is no where near the value of the kit.....and that's before your presented with the solid shell.😊

I really want the body kit but can’t justify having a pair of Manta’s 

plus i would like to see it kept together as it’s a iconic car in my mind 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, garymanc said:

I really want the body kit but can’t justify having a pair of Manta’s 

plus i would like to see it kept together as it’s a iconic car in my mind 

16 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Agree, be nice to see it kept together. It's a perfect ready made base for someone, I'd love to have it! 

For sure,the car should be kept complete,..i like it a lot too and the kit looks well at home on the hatch...are you looking to put an i240 kit on yours gary?..the hatch kit  in question being really for a coupe was modded to fit on the fuel cap side..You can still get the rallytech ones just to add.,which were taken from the moulds of the irmscher ones supplied by the late great MANTADOC,unless i'm mistaken.

• Like 1

No, for some reason I thought it was ending tonight, got a surprise e-mail this morning giving the winning bid amount......probably for the best as I'd have got bidding fever :rolleyes:

It needs someone with more knowledge than I on values, I know it's a hatch but we have seen decent ones go for good money, with the rare bodykit then add an Engine and a set of wheels, it must be worth say 6k plus when done?

Edited by TheRealExile
can't spell
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

No, for some reason I thought it was ending tonight, got a surprise e-mail this morning giving the winning bid amount......probably for the best as I'd have got bidding fever :rolleyes:

It needs someone with more knowledge than I on values, I know it's a hatch but we have seen decent ones go for good money, with the rare bodykit then add an Engine and a set of wheels, it must be worth say 6k plus when done?

I suspect you are right, but that’s only any good if they are buying to sell and make a profit.

For me, It would not make sense over 2.5k As it would take another of the same amount for the engine +, box, prop, etc. Not to mention if needed any paint.