Opel Manta Exclusive back on sale 2021?

• GTEPETE changed the title to Opel Manta Exclusive back on sale 2021?

ah that would explain it always had coupes the other thing that caught my eye was the radio  after all these years i assumed as mine stuck out the dash it was aftermarket but i have still got the factory  radio/tape cassette  destroyer fitted

On 14/01/2021 at 17:59, ®evo03 said:

Only two colours, available, was it 88? 

One better that 1914, model T, black it is! No better colour! 

The original Irmscher batch of Exclusive's (released in the UK late 86) came in either Monaco Blue or Dolphin Grey. These were the only GTE Exclusive Hatches.

The 88MY cars were available in Glacier White, Carmine Red, Monaco Blue and Starmist Black. 

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

The original Irmscher batch of Exclusive's (released in the UK late 86) came in either Monaco Blue or Dolphin Grey. These were the only GTE Exclusive Hatches.

The 88MY cars were available in Glacier White, Carmine Red, Monaco Blue and Starmist Black. 

And the Irmscher Exclusive models had the Exclusive badge on the left hand side of the bootlid.

The GM Exclusives made after the Irmscher run had finished had the Exclusive badge fitted to the right hand side of the bootlid.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

It's funny how the more expensive optional Hatchback (and Auto) is now the opposite with current market sale prices.

Very true! It was also about 125Kg heavier than the coupe. The thing I never could understand is, how the hatch was 3 inches shorter than the coupe. 

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 1

Its also wider at the back, the exclusive infill from a hatch is about 10mm longer both sides, the hatch exc bumper is very very tight on a coupe.  

Have a xe hatch, and although running same springs 60mm lowered and bilstein shocks as my coupe it feels completely different, maybe its the weight of the petrol tank combined with the rear tailgate. Fells more like a rwd mk2 cavalier!  Coupe is better balanced.

Best way to get the feel for a car is on ice!