Irish blue

1200bandit

So the cleaning starts,lot of dust and a bit of over spray under the bonnet 

Cleaned the N/S inner wing looks good,let it dry completely then refit the grill under the top panel,cover battery.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

This it the grill that got stripped blue now clean and painted 

• Like 3

On 31/08/2024 at 10:55, 1200bandit said:

It was nice to be out in the manta,but winter closing in will not be back on the road until next year,or it’s get sold??

l have a Nissan qashqai e- power ( don’t be hard on me) and the difference is unreal 

Have a VW T6 TDI and they are going electric too although I do like my Cupra Born, acceleration is awesome if not the handling!

• Haha 1

That’s the O/S front inner wing all clean and looking shiny 

not a lot left to do now ,bit of wiring for the radio,electrical aerial 

Might have a go at getting the seat covers a bit tighter 

5 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

absolutely . after driving ANY modern car it's amazing how good the cavs  or mantas feel to drive .  i drive an omega as my daily and that's about as good as vauxhalls get but still feels great to be back in the cav.

I got the Nissan qashqai as my back has got old getting harder to get in,out of also it had a mystery illness,all the dash lights come on,carry out a OBD test no faults ,drive it for 1/2 mile lights go out.Got the qashqai £8,500 discount ( end of model) get 68 MPG 650 miles per tank.

• 2 weeks later...

When l pick up the manta from the body shop after 4 months the engine when cold will rev up to 2,000 RPM to just about running.

Had to get it out of the garage ( getting the boiler serviced)

Did a check today the 5th injector blue body moves about,the wiring block not secured on the on the unit,

Replaced the injector now starts better.

Adjusted the air thing on the throttle body running a lot better .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well covered!

Like a bunch of others I’ve noticed that cars have generally been sitting around for sale longer this year, this article was interesting and may suggest you should hang fire rather than drop price. 

https://ukbarnfinds.com/2024/10/01/has-the-classic-car-market-reached-the-bottom/

PS

I’ll pm you later, we were away for a couple of weeks and despite thinking family would be at home it seems that the sockets were missed delivered so may come back to you! 🙈

• Like 1