Polishing The Opel Project

6 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

Nice new badges! 

im still hunting that trim for you. Have checked the other store but all bent badly. Have one more lot to look through

Thanks mate. That's the last final part i need and then its fully completed!!

And all installed. 

Rear wheel arch trims, bonnet jets, boot lock tomorrow and we are almost finished.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by 611
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

As someone one said "Today was a good day"

Got the last wheel arch trims fitted and the sill trim, window rubber channel trim fitted. Sorted the lights out (they look good with new bulbs) boot and bonnet now shut! so the last final bits to fit now are the little window channel corner covers and i need to flat and polish the gutter trim and fit, then we are all finished!! (well an Opel project is never really finished!!)

Then time for some driving and some proper pics of the completed car, happy days!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, moodoo said:

Great stuff Andy! You must be chuffed....just don’t tell your wife you’re ‘finished’!😛

Yep, well chuffed now its got all the chrome back on. i will share some proper pics soon.

I can tell her its finished but not what its worth now its done or she will try and sell it!!

on to the Lambretta next, but need to do a bit of DIY first to keep her happy!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 bits of trim and washer jest still to go but the weather was nice so i couldn't resist taking the Opel out for a drive to get the shopping!!

Hopefully i will fit the last bits this weekend!

• Like 9

In all honesty never really looked closely at A's before now, what is amazing is how wheel choice, drastically changes the look entirely. 

ATS above make it more ascona A,  or kadett c looking!

Again lovely car 611, yours is more a retro classic look with a modern twist, nice styling... now go... Enjoy.

Edited by ®evo03

3 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Nice choice of parking space,  we are probably all the same in that respect. 

It was the furthest away space in the car park and when i got back a bloody transit had parked right next to me!! Im sure they do it on purpose as there was loads of other spaces!!

5 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

Beautiful 

Thanks, mate.

2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Looks awesome indeed ! I love those headlights, they don’t look out if place at all.

I think as they are not the new super bright LED's they don't look out of place and when they are off they don't look much different from the originals. I need to get the alignment set as now i might even get to drive it when its dark!!

1 hour ago, ®evo03 said:

In all honesty never really looked closely at A's before now, what is amazing is how wheel choice, drastically changes the look entirely. 

ATS above make it more ascona A,  or kadett c looking!

Again lovely car 611, yours is more a retro classic look with a modern twist, nice styling... now go... Enjoy.

It really does and i think the color of the car makes a difference as some that look good on one color dont seem to suit another color. When i bough these i looked at loads and wasn't 100% sure if these would work until i fitted one and then realised they were just right with the red.

Those ATS do really alter the look, gives it a different sort of feel.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, 611 said:

It was the furthest away space in the car park and when i got back a bloody transit had parked right next to me!! Im sure they do it on purpose as there was loads of other spaces!!

I hate it when they do that!

Your Manta looks stunning Andy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H-400 said:

I hate it when they do that!

Your Manta looks stunning Andy

Im sure they do it on purpose Herman! 

A few bits to sort (but when isn't there on a Manta!) but im well chuffed. Lots of driving and maybe over to Europe next year 🙂

• Like 1