1.6 GL Cavalier on EBay

8 hours ago, mepbowles said:

I saw this. It looks great if you like red cars. The 1.6 isn't ideal, perhaps that's why there's not even a photo of the engine.

The 1.6 seemed quite a reasonable motorway / town engine in the 80s.  I’m guessing it’s not going to be bought as a daily - not everyone want to build a rally race replica. 😏

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BarryD89 said:

The 1.6 seemed quite a reasonable motorway / town engine in the 80s.  I’m guessing it’s not going to be bought as a daily - not everyone want to build a rally race replica. 😏

Don’t think there ever was a rally 4door Cav though 😂

• Haha 2

no and it would be a shame to butcher it .

the 1.6 is not a ball of fire granted but perfectly capable and in that condition should be suitable as a daily driver too. why not. thats what  it was designed for after all.

i use all mine as dailys including the viva .all in rotation ,all year round. mot'd as normal but obviously free tax .

• Like 3

On 24/01/2023 at 09:26, BarryD89 said:

I was more curious about why they didn't include a photo of the engine than anything else. As nice as the 1.6 may be, I'm happy with the oomph of my 1.9 4 door. Presumably people say the same of the 1.9 to 2.0 but as you say, for everyday driving, you don't need much for a bit of fun.

I do hope this is used as is, it's nice to see them out and about.

• Like 1