Heck, may get this to Billing

opel2000

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some shots but the focus was crazy and they looked horrible.

Looking back, I thought the ATS rims looked okay, in a "hey look! an old car!" kinda way.

OMOC 5885

Thanks for the Pic posted up Rick.

Was very pleased to get the car into the concours, was so damn tempted to put it into the Standard CC category, where I would have stood a better chance of winning a trophy as I would not have been up against Ben Williamson's stunningly gorgeous Copper 'B' series.

And Iain's faultless white 'B', But at the end of the day it is a 'B' and needed to be with the 'B's and thought it was very very nice to see the 'B's showing up a lot of the GTE's and exclusives in quantity and quality.

And Robbie "Looks like u had a few hair raising moments though" I don't know what you mean mate [:D][:D][:D]

Shiny bits http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

quote:Originally posted by opel2000

And Robbie "Looks like u had a few hair raising moments though" I don't know what you mean mate [:D][:D][:D]

id="quote">id="quote">

You coped with it well tho clive. You were a cut above everyone else.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMOC #5988

hmackay at opel-manta.com

sigpic.JPG

I hae a few guid reasons for drinkin’

And yin juist entered ma heid

If a man canna’ drink while he’s livin’

Hoo the Hell can he drink when he’s deid!

Just found this topic,

Have a pic on me,

God knows who the topless skinny bloke is signing autographs ! [:D] [:D]

Theres also a bloke riding his push bike around in your engine bay ! [:D] [:D] [:D]

DSC02577.jpg

Picture015.jpg

OMOC Member 6057

He's not signing autograph's, he's filling in Robbie's voting form for him "Clive Armstrong, FNP313W, there you go mate, all done for you" [:D][:D][:D]

omoc 5660,Cambridge & The Fens Area Rep & keeper of the A register.

Skinny???

I prefer slim, athletcit (fecking beer) athletic.[:D][:D][:D]

And pretty damn lucky I was filling in my car details at the time as if I had seen that joker near my car with a bloody bike I would not have been best amused.

Bit like the gammy leg bloke, just what the feck was his game riding around the concours on a chuffin bike [:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)] did you see his leg [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

Oh and final note....

Vinyl roofs are great, you can put things like beer on them and you get no rings in what would normally be paint.

And you can write on paper and stuff and it won't mark the roof, dead handy when there is nothing else to lean on.

AHA! but then you see people going round the concours and filling in their voting slips by using peoples windscreens as support, cheeky feckin' basts. one bloke inpaticular looked like he had been having a bad hair day, or was it a bad hair evening[}:)]

Final final note.

That's a damn nice piccie Iain, dead pleased to see that, thanks mate.

Shiny bits http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

quote:AHA! but then you see people going round the concours and filling in their voting slips by using peoples windscreens as support
id="quote">id="quote">

One person who was fortunately not at Billing this year has been known to lean on other peoples bodywork to fill out the form[}:)] Personally I prefer using a Haynes guide, especially as they're naff all use for anything else

I did try get a videoclip of a hair raising moment on sat night but had trouble focusing.

(the camera! [:D][:P])

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMOC #5988

hmackay at opel-manta.com

sigpic.JPG

I hae a few guid reasons for drinkin’

And yin juist entered ma heid

If a man canna’ drink while he’s livin’

Hoo the Hell can he drink when he’s deid!

quote:But not laughing at the paintwork form filler in type chappie, who's that then steve
id="quote">id="quote">

I'm not naming names, I just hope his keychain didn't scratch any paintwork.

quote:I'm not naming names, I just hope his keychain didn't scratch any paintwork.

id="quote">id="quote">

Ian Newnham wasn't at Billing this year,anyway his key chain has gone as he has left the job that required him to have the factory keys to do on-call repairs.

Ian was at Silverstone on the Billing Weekend with the Herts Uni team winning his class in formula student at the first attempt!

I've got piles of all sorts of Manta parts,i might even have something you need!

surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds Herts and North Bucks.

Mantaman, may I refer you to my original comment.

quote:One person who was fortunately not at Billing this year has been known to lean on other peoples bodywork to fill out the form
id="quote">id="quote">

I can't remember exactly which year it was, I suspect 04 which was my first Billing, but it might have been 05 when my mind was on other things at concours time. I really should have said something to him at the time.

I like the sound of 'Formula Student'. Is that a competition to see who can have the untidiest room, the largest pile of unwashed plates and clothes, the most battered Citroen 2CV and the biggest collection of empty Newcastle Brown bottles?

Or am I perhaps mistaken.[:o)]

Cheese,

Joe (and oh hell, what an off-topic post - sorry Clive).

Please log into this site from the Home page folks. It helps to keep it as the first Manta site listed on Google.

Off topic (Sorry Clive!! [:I] ) Joe... wrong lol [:D]

Try this: http://www.formulastudent.com/ our patron this year was none other than Ross Bron!

Sills?, what are those bits of rust laying on the floor then?

BOJ, Jodie, Chicken$h!t

Spares, Racer in waiting, GONE! [:(]

Animation18.gif

OMOC 5714

http://www.clockservicing.co.uk/ For any clock repairs try here.

• 6 months later...

Hmm may be having to update this a little.

Since putting Diesel in by mistake, and thinking i had dropped a ring [:o)][:I][:o)][:I][:o)][:I]

I simply plopped in another engine attached to a manual box.

Manual box had broken ball stud adjuster, and found i had to put my feckin knee up to the ceiling in order to depress the clutch.

Engine and box out again and another 5 spd box fitted, adjusted pedal height/clutch with the ball stud adjuster, and all seems fine,

Struggled to start car, even with timing correct and a known carb on the engine, old carb was poss still contaminated with diesel.

Car would only start with easy start sprayed in to carb mouth.

Car runs but the carb is pretty much shagged, coupled with the fact that a big chunk of inlet manifold broke off when bolting the carb down after messing about swapping the carbs over due to running probs, although the car is driveable the clutch feels as though it has very little life in it.

So Engine and box are going to be coming out YET AGAIN.

BUT after re-fitting engine and box with new clutch back into the car, I'm still going to be needing a decent carb, and a better inlet manifold, and not really going to be looking at the power I'm used to out of my Manta's.

SO late last year when Mantasrme was having a bit of a clearout, I bought off of him a 1.8 Gearbox.

I had nothing to bolt onto it at the time, but knew that if I had this it would simply keep my options open. [:P]

This aint gonna be a V8 thread obviously, (wish it was though) but hoping to get some piccies up over the next week or so.

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk

You cant leave us in suspense like that!

You've a real cool B series hatch and an 1800 gearbox,you must have plans for something special,the hatchback equivalent of Jock Ramsey B Coupe perhaps? with your skills this will be worth seeing what ever you do.

I've got piles of all sorts of Manta parts,i might even have something you need!

surplus parts bought,whole cars considerd. M/B 07947 640505

OMOC Member number 2658F

Ian Virco,area rep,Beds Herts and North Bucks.

quote:Originally posted by opel2000

This aint gonna be a V8 thread obviously, (wish it was though)

id="quote">id="quote">

You never know, some skill-less southener may have to part with his manta ready V8 the way things are going [V]

newbana.jpg

CHECKOUT MY V8 VIDEO HERE http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Djuq2xoCp1E

Got given a red top. Yes "Given" stripped it down to find the big ends were shot on it, Vaux head on it but all seems fine. Currently in the stages of being cleaned up ready for a relaxing evening rebuilding.

Thought the mention of the 1.8 box would have made it obvious tbh.

Car will retain its bump strips and interior and chrome trim etc. but will have an XE under the bonnet, nothing special really bloody common as muck conversion ...... perhaps [}:)]

http://www.customsolutions.me.uk