1976 B series coupe

Sutty2006

• 2 months later...

After being home for months, I’ve finally “done a bit” on this. I have a snagging list of jobs to do. One of them is running a solid fuel pipe front to back. Some of the original pipe was still in place with all the rubber buffers, so I used copper nickel 7.9 and Coden R9 pipe to join at each end. I’ve not put a filter in yet, once I’ve got it running and happy I’ll scooch one in up front. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

I have enough room in this garage to work on it comfortably. But not quite enough room for two cars. Which is a shame. But can’t have it all! 

next on my list is to sort the exhaust. Ordered some 50mm exhaust clamps and some rubber O rings to hang it. I’ll need to clean and treat the boot floor first before fitting it all. 

• Like 7

I put a gallon in the tank this evening and it runs. All be it lumpy but she runs. 

I have no gauges. No oil pressure light or gauge, no volt gauge no fuel gauge etc. I need to look into what does what. The loom and binicle are out of an SR. I have a few plugs and connectors hanging loose. Some are for the headlight wiper motors each side which I don’t need. 

• Like 4