Not sure what to do with this one!

spewy555

If you are going to break it then I could do with the wee metal bits that hold the rear side windows in place at the bottom next to the b pillar.

I only have one at the mo but could do with both.

I could do with the door mirrors to.

That has the same interior as my Cav coupe.

Ta,

Deano.

As much as I like seeing modified, customised or uprated cars. I'm starting to feel the preservation itch and given that 1.8S coupes have, over the last year or two become quite rare, it'd be a shame to see this one unrestored. Of course whatever happens to it is entirely upto the owner.

I've got a spare £100 and a lovely spot for it!

It's worth more than £100 just for scrap weight...........

quote]

I beg to differ sir, with scrap fetching £12 a ton down here for mixed a car is worth, oooh, about £12.

Took a stripped astra to the yard the other day and was offered £6.49 for it. took it back to my yard and am keeping it till the price goes up.

I think a reasonable price is anywhere between £100 and £200 for this car, its an 1800 but its a bit too good to break, and too grotty to be an easy fix.

Its a car that needs to be with a welder and an enthusiast for a bit.

Of course its only my opinion, dont take it as gospel.

I've got a spare £100 and a lovely spot for it!

Just to note, this was not an offer I was expecting to be taken seriously, although I'd happily take a new project on if this was put up for sale for a sensible '1.8S bits' price. In fact I've got two offers on a couple of manta's at the moment which were serious and so far I've heard 'owt about either

If it really is for sale as a whole car at reasonable money and i can sort collection (I have an offer of help from a member on here ) Then id be very interested.

It would be a shame to break it, but I would definately give preference on bits to forum members at really good prices...even those 1800 specific bits that i don't need.

I need something like this for a much bigger project.

Could you pm me regarding this mate?

Thanks, Neil.

• 2 weeks later...

Right had a look at it today in the daylight, the damage is thus;

Both outer sills, doors, and the inner kick panels at the rear of the inner arches are shot, the inner wings themselves are fine and the chassies rails etc are fine, it`s going to need love but it`s saveable :thumbup