400 Replica Coupe Wanted!

Volksdevil

Please see this post within this topic http://forums.mantac...post__p__207723

Hello all,

Long time no speak. smile.gif

I've always banged on about wanting a manta, but it was always a half hearted decision in all honesty. Ive probably pissed a few people off with my indecision in the past. I got into Vw's a long time ago as i couldn't own a manta at the time and kinda took the fwd route which i have never really liked. The Manta 4oo really is my dream car. I was planning on rebuilding my mk1 golf into a rwd track toy, but that's it, Ive made the decision that i have to have a 4oo replica! biggrin.gif I have some cash on one side for the right car.

I turned 30 in september, and if im going to finally get a manta (Best looking car ever built imo) then now is the time.

Onto what id like:

Must be a coupe.
Must be 4oo kitted, nothing more, nothing less.
Must be ideally red or white.
Must be on the road, up and running.
Ideally with an XE lump on carbs, but would consider standard engine as i have a full XE setup (engine/carbs/sump/box etc)
A full standard/chequered interior would be preferred over the grey.
None sunroof definately preferred!

Anything that has plenty of pictures of a rebuild, with details of welding carried out etc would be great. Im not rushing into buying anything and i realise it may be a while before the right car comes up.

Im located in Burnley/Lancashire, but willing to travel anywhere within uk mainland for the right car. So if anyone knows of anything, or something crops up please do give me a shout. I can be contacted through the company website (Lamin-X.co.uk), pm on here, or at the Vw sites i run (Username Volksdevil)
http://www.Volksdevil.com
My Corrado G60

Vw Corrado G60 Forum

Thanks, and hello again! biggrin.gif

Neil.

Edited by Volksdevil

Good to see you back & committed (some say i should be :P ) hope you find the ideal toy , but still dont rule out building one if the right base car came along you would know how well the kit was fitted and could choose the exact colour , hope something pops up anyway :thumbup

Edited by pat

Cheers lads :thumbup

Aye, not overly fussed about throwing an XE lump in if needs be, or sticking a set of wheels on etc. But ideally id like one that's already had the welding done along with a well fitted kit and good paint job.

Shall see what crops up though :D

Neil.

I've put a wanted advert on pistonheads now, see what comes of that. I can assure you guys a Manta would be coming to a good home! :)

This ere shows the sort of effort/updates i've put into the current daily driven car...The Manta would be a well cared for weekend/track toy.

And if (make that when!) I find one i'll definately get more involved with the forum/club. B)

Neil.

Haha :lol: So when you selling up then mate? :lol:

You half read my mind on the Borbets though...I really like the white revolutions? that a lot seem to sit on.

The wanted add for 2x borbets is for the Corrado...I've got 4x black centered ones and two silver ones...Im wanting to run 4x silver ones for a while but a two wheeled corrado is no good :lol:

Neil.

Hello Volksdevil

I have a new built 400 shell ,roll cage and firewall , in primer ready for paint (prep on exell motorsport site)

8 and 10 inch revolutions dunlop competition tyres

new build lsd manta b new 5.1 crown wheel and pinion rear discs

rally springs ,rear adjustable avo dampers

type 9 to manta propshaft

power steering corsca c column

requires paint ,front discs, assembly , gear box and seats

glass electrics twin headlights,

this is a spare set up to my rally car and is new condition .

I will send photos when I get home

Cheers Gary

I've no idea im afraid mate :( Looked good though eh. B)

Gary, plenty pics/info would be great if you could :thumbup

Is there a link to the excell site? Edit:Seems their hosting has run out!

Look forward to more info on exactly what's included/needed etc :)

Thanks, Neil.

Edited by Volksdevil

I've no idea im afraid mate sad.gif Looked good though eh. cool.gif

Gary, plenty pics/info would be great if you could thumbsup.gif

Is there a link to the excell site? Edit:Seems their hosting has run out!

Look forward to more info on exactly what's included/needed etc smile.gif

Thanks, Neil.

Well, i've been offered two so far. Gary's 400r project which looks to be a great shell, unfortunately it is a little too much work for me (with no previous manta experience) to make road legal, and another via total opel which looks like it's already sold!

So im still looking :thumbup At least my budget should slowly but steadily increase.

Neil.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...