Some Billing Pictures

manta400john

Christ.

Some folks might not be too keen to post pictures of their car or others on an open forum such as this,others might not want to see their cars have been posted by others. This may be why there aren't many pictures in the "open" bit.

If you are a true believer and want to clense your soul for owning all those dodgy Rovers in another life, then come on over to the Church of the Opel Manta.....Amen........Here's what yer missing.http://www.mantaclub.org/about/application.asp

Hey , I think I'm funny !!

John.

Billing2010071.jpg

Billing2010068.jpg

Billing2010066.jpg

Billing2010065.jpg

Billing2010049.jpg

Billing2010037.jpg

Billing2010028.jpg

Billing2010024.jpg

Billing2010001.jpg

Christ.

Some folks might not be too keen to post pictures of their car or others on an open forum such as this,others might not want to see their cars have been posted by others. This may be why there aren't many pictures in the "open" bit.

Manta400John,many thanks for that post, as here was me thinking that (as a non member, and not having access to the members section) that Billing had been such a poorly attended event by the OMOC that there were hardly any piccies of the OMOC field, concours etc.

Having been a member since 1992 (had a couple of years laps up to 1996) and only recently not renewed my membership and avidly argued about the members section at many an AGM here is simply more proof that it reflects the club as a non entity.

Anyway, bit of my rant over, good piccies mate :thumbup:) I recognise a few vehicles there, good to see Mr. Newports Ascona kicking about still, very very nearly bought that off of Chris Burt a few years back when I popped over one day to have a coffee and a view of his Courtney Turbo.

Hi Clive!!!!!

Good to see you t'other day!

Was good to catch up with a few folks at the show, mantas looked a tad thin on the ground though!

We'll be bringing another back from the dead for next year at least, to add to the ascona 400 and kadett 16v fleet we seem to be sweating over lol!!

cheers

Nat

Maybe there aren't many photos because there wasn't many Mantas there.

I went down on the Sunday to try to get my enthusiasm up again after selling my last exclusive, but i left early, very dissapointed at the poor turn out.

In 15 years of going to Billing i have never seen so few cars.

yes it was a shame there was not as many cars there this year,as for the reasons why we can only guess.

anyway enjoyed my time there with good company and fine attitudes towards the club.

ps thanks for all people who bought a raffle ticket from me ,it made my day

:D

Maybe there aren't many photos because there wasn't many Mantas there.

I went down on the Sunday to try to get my enthusiasm up again after selling my last exclusive, but i left early, very dissapointed at the poor turn out.

In 15 years of going to Billing i have never seen so few cars.

It was an interesting Billing this year, It was quiet and there were fewer cars but the atmosphere was good and all the people I spoke to were having a fine weekend.

I camped with the South Wales Owners (incorporating Bristol and the far south west) and we all had one of the best weekends of the year. I am very glad I made the effort and made the 650 mile round trip for two reasons, first the fact the weekend was excellent and secondly the Ascona Won a trophy. Very pleased I listened to James from Bristol and joined the convoy.

I picked up a few bargains as well and sold a couple of small bits, I did not lose my trousers like i did in 2008 and came home sunburnt not wet. Win win in my world.

I do have a few pics too but they are a bit Ascona heavy ! I may well pop them up on here when I get a chance.

I guess poor turnout was at least partly due to cost. We only attended on Sunday, and were going to bring two cars. It would have cost us £20 to get into Billing, plus £10 to the club. This is without petrol costs. We just couldn't afford it and I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Christ.

Oh, i see - but it was a public show or was there a no photography/looking rule for non-members on the omoc field.

Having been a member since 1992 (had a couple of years laps up to 1996) and only recently not renewed my membership and avidly argued about the members section at many an AGM here is simply more proof that it reflects the club as a non entity.

:thumbup

Any 'normal' club would make a big thing about their annual get together - something on the home page, posts on the forum and loads of photos afterwards saying how much fun it was and how you should join the club but not the omoc :rolleyes:

Oh, and where were you all at the Retro Car Show last weekend, couldn't find the stand

Was a great weekend in spite of numbers being well down on previous years. I noticed a few cars which usually attend weren't there. I think/hope cost was probably a major contributory factor. Petrol is expensive, getting into Billing ain't cheap (two quid a night for my feckin dog!) Some people aren't keen to bring their cars if theyre not 100 per cent, some cars are work in progress. As ever, the weekends what you make it. I love to meet up with people who I only actually see at Billing, and of course look at the cars. Let's not be too downbeat. There's a lot of cars in garages being rebuilt (theres two in mine!). Hopefully some more will appear next year. :thumbup

To all,

Like I say, I think I'm funny...... Think this'll be the last time I post on the open forum bit as people can take what you type in 2 different ways. I suppose the forum is a necessary evil to get folks interested in the club but from the above comments it appears that the non members are "trying" to put down a club of which they're not even a member of?

Hope you liked the pictures Chris(t), you never commented on them?

Over and out.

John.

but from the above comments it appears that the non members are "trying" to put down a club of which they're not even a member of?

Not at all John, Constuctive criticisms of a club with declining numbers should be taken onboard by the club heirarchy.

And I personally intend to renew my membership.

Not at all John, Constuctive criticisms of a club with declining numbers should be taken onboard by the club heirarchy.

And I personally intend to renew my membership.

Yup I agree, I just think that some light hearted banter does no harm but if it comes over differently to some then that's when I wished I hadn't bothered. I feel shit when I piss folk off unintentionally and it's 'cause it's difficult to get the banter correct when you're typing it into a keyboard.......for that the inter-web thing sucks.

Still love my Mantas though :)

John.

Yup I agree, I just think that some light hearted banter does no harm but if it comes over differently to some then that's when I wished I hadn't bothered. I feel shit when I piss folk off unintentionally and it's 'cause it's difficult to get the banter correct when you're typing it into a keyboard.......for that the inter-web thing sucks.

Still love my Mantas though :)

John.

:D:D Hi John, yull jist need tae dae whit aye dae, und nae wan can understand whit yur writing aboot so its taken in neither context :D:D:D:D:D translations freely given.

cheers thi noo John.

not many :( [edit] sorry not many picture's! picture's taken, about 30 mins before concours starting.

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0004.jpg

Hi Keith.

Wull add yur piccy`s tae thi wans got aweriddy thinks awe took jist under thi 260 mark awe in ower thi weekend Digi is magic.

cheers rab.