New To Mantas And The Club And Looking For Parts

HEY. JUST BOUGHT A MANTA GTE HATCHBACK AND AM LOOKING FOR PLACES TO BUY PARTS FROM OTHER THAN THE EVER USEFULL EBAY, THERE IS A COUPLE OF LITTLE THINGS I AM WANTING AND THEY WILL NEVER COME UP WITH THEM. LIKE WASHER JETS AS SOME CHAV HAS PUT PINK ONES ON MINE PREVIOUSLY,

LOOKING FORWARD TO ENJOING THE MANTA AND BEING PART OF THE CLUB

wow allready so much response thanks guys

yehh andy that would be much apreceated how much do you want for them ?

i am also looking for a set of the hydraulic boot lifts, some standard gte wing mirors,the quad headlights as they look better than the square ones i currently have and a thrust bearing but i have worked out i will probably have to buy a new clutch set supose then i am building up some spares.

should i be posting this list of things i need in a different area of the forum ?

thanks

ben

should i be posting this list of things i need in a different area of the forum ?

Ben you can post in the Parts Wanted Area for what you require.

I have a set of original wing mirrors in Parts for Sale My Post If that is what you are after.

If so let me know and I can sort out postage etc.

Rob

Ben;

Think you need to start a seperate thread in the parts wanted section and list out all the parts that you need.

Would help if you posted up your location.

As to "hydraulic boot lifts" Get in touch with Paul A - Username PMA on the forum as he can source these quite cheaply.

I have had a couple of sets of these of Paul and are fitted to my hatch.

John

Welcome to the club mate. You pretty much done what you need to be pointed in the right direction for parts, by joining the club and forum.

Just to note with the clutch kit. The GTE 2.0 uses a different kit to the Carbbed 2.0 CIH the friction disk is a half inch bigger in diametre but in my experience a lot of sellers don't seem to know this and will assume 2.0 engines to be the same. The GTE ones are harder to find for some reason but there are still some around, I can't find the site I bought mine from middle of last year but here's one to get started if you get no luck with your local factors Link to onlineautomotive You certainly don't need to pay £300+ like some that pop up on ebay.

• 1 month later...

hi,ben i just replied to your wanting history of your car thread. then just came by your post in the wanted section . if you still after a clutch set i have one here that i can post to you if you want to yours for £20 inc the postage . ive no use for it as my car is automatic . that clutch bearing started making a noise after it was parked up for so long . shame as it was new when i done all the work and it was a gen gm one. i guess the bearing dryed out through lack of use maybe.

let me know matey regards paul

Hi Ben,

And welcome tae thi club.Look forward to seeing yur Manta,most bits and bobs can still be got and if stuck many awe member may be able to help you out as in previous posts.You might have heard re Billing weekend its well worth a visit if free, plenty spares and good get to gether owe club members.

cheers rab.