What do we know about this example then?

On the face of it, it looks like it could use a little detailing but seems a genuine car that, with a bit of TLC, could be a top example. All the right bits are there too.

Hope it finds a sympathetic new owner and finds its way into the club. Shame that I don't have 5k to spare

i know this car, it Belongs to a member/ex-member who went to live in France for many years, returned to the UK last year, one of the more clued up members on here will remember who i mean, i parked my Gold Hatch next to it at Classics on the Green at Croxley last summer, it does have the odd blemish here and there but nothing serious as i recall but hey, it's an i200, how many of them a week/month/year/decade come up for sale? ( well two this year, Iain in Hawick, Spike on here, has just bought one to restore, but thats besides the point... !! )

OpelMantai200andYoungGoldatCroxley.jpg

have to say i am very keen to have this i200,what do you guys think of the minimum asking price of £5500 +,i know they are rare and dont come up 4 sale 2 often,but will the investment be safe,any feedback boys and girls?,b4 it sold to some one else

steve

ooooohhhh i do want it,but may start divorce proceedings lol

• Like 1

I think it is obviously is a safe investment as they can only go up in price. I honestly do think this needs a respray looking at it on the pictures, so 5500/6000 then a grand on a spray job should see it upto 7k, which in my eyes is the most it's worth minted.

I think it is obviously a safe investment as they can only go up in price. I honestly do think this needs a respray looking at it on the pictures, so 5500/6000 then a grand on a spray job should see it upto 7k, which in my eyes is the most it's worth minted.

have to say i am very keen to have this i200,what do you guys think of the minimum asking price of £5500 +,i know they are rare and dont come up 4 sale 2 often,but will the investment be safe,any feedback boys and girls?,b4 it sold to some one else

steve

ooooohhhh i do want it,but may start divorce proceedings lol

Go & take a look Steve, bring a decent cash deposit with you & offer the owner £5000 if he removes it from flea bay.

I reckon he'll sell it to you & if the car is as good as the pictures suggest then you will have a sound investment.

Even at £5500 it's probably worth it.

I doubt whether any one is going to start the bidding at £5500 but if some one does get it for that aren't you going to kick yourself for not at least going to take a look.

As to risking divorce proceedings well most Manta owners on here have risked that :)