Mike's Manta.

Mike.

5 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

excellent and im in the same frame of mind . repair everything as and when it happens and a spring check every year ( mine are used all year round thou) and continuing to be mot tested as well even thou not req . every year a straight pass with no advisories since 1986

Do you own an mot testing station?

21 hours ago, Mike. said:

I’ve already looked into this, the Manta is 40 years old in 2025 but there’s a BUT.

To qualify for free road tax the car needs to be 40 years old before January  2025, but my Manta was registered new in April 1985 so I miss it by 3 months, so the Manta will be 41 years old before I qualify, but when it does it will be a big saving for sure, road tax at the moment is roughly £190 for 6 months or £345 for 12 months. My driving season if weather is good could be from April to early November but at the moment I’m limited to April to September for my 6 months, roll on the free road tax 👍

Mike

When i looked into this for my A series many years ago i think it was when it was produced not registered? As mine was made in January 73 but not registerd until later in the April. Worth double checking if its the manufactured rather than registered date as you might be in luck. I had a list of chassis numbers and the dates and factories that they came out of for the A, so there must be something similar for yours?

Andy

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike. said:

No advisories since 1986, that is good going, especially when it’s used daily 👍

its a bit of an obsession with me realy. my cars are used all year round on a rotation but never not used for a maximium of maybee 2 weeks and every spring they are pressure washed and put up on the ramps front and back and each corner checked for ANY issues. anything found is sorted straight away .any car shouldnt realy have any advisories as it means that its not being maintained correctly. 

I would totally agree, although I’m only enthusiastic and fussy with the Manta, the wife always notices that anything needing done on the Manta gets done instantly and if it’s the daily driver it’s always left or forgotten about, I struggle to get enthusiastic about the modern stuff. 
611, I’ll definitely look into the produced date rather than registered date 👍

• Like 3