1985 red hatch

Mickfrad

Another red hatchback surfaces, this looks good for the money.

Be surprised if it's around for long.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192955164271 

5095-E960-BE43-4-B6-E-826-A-47-D0-DD592-

My apologies, just realised I’ve put this in the wrong section . 

Edited by Mickfrad
  • Like 1

It's an interesting one. A 1985 dash with 1984 seats. No decal on the bumper or the rear hatch, decals on the wing and door as per 1984 but with an indicator in the wrong place for any year and with  squares one too? Fitted with what looks like maybe a Renault Clio sunroof, often used to replace the rusted out metal ones. The trim under the grill looks bent which may indicate damage to the bumper. It also looks like the petrol tank, fuel pipes and chassis are the same colour (good for protection but what is it covering up?). I think it'd need a good looking over.

I'm just bitter because mine hasn't sold. 😱 I think I need to reduce the price of mine and go and sit in my anorak. 😊

8 hours ago, jonayres said:

I'm just bitter because mine hasn't sold. 😱 I think I need to reduce the price of mine and go and sit in my anorak. 😊

I wouldn't reduce the price, or if so, not by much. (£6500 perhaps). If you got the few outstanding issues sorted, it would be well worth the original asking price. It's a cracking looking car. I wouldn't mind it myself! In saying that, I think you would reget selling it after all the hard work and spend already done. Why not just put it away until your mojo recovers?

Can you not get the body shop to re-do the rear spoiler? Sounds as if they haven't added enough plasticizer to the paint.

I can't imagine getting the oil pressure gauge working again shouldn't be too difficult either. That just leaves the springs, which may or may not be correct. I'm sure someone on here could supply you with a set of used springs to fit and see if it sits as you think it ought to. 

It would be well worth advertising it on the Facebook group as it appears to have a larger audience than the OMOC forums sadly.

BTW, the one mentioned above sold yesterday according to a post on Facebook.

Edited by Monaco Blue

Hi, you may well be right. I did speak to the guy who did the body work. He felt that this was not caused by his work, it is because those quarter sections of the spoiler are very old. The main strip of the spoiler hasn't cracked. I spoke to another body shop who thought the same as you, it just needs more plasticiser.

I was sent a number of links about the oil pressure switch. All of which may be fairly easy for someone who's got a clue what he's doing! I might go and have a look, 😱

The springs and shocks on the front and back are all brand new and described as correct spec for the car. 

I see the other red hatch is still advertised on eBay with an option to make an offer. It might well be a good one? It looks like it's been restored and possibly using a couple of mantas. I suppose when you take account of the new sills, inner sills, wings, inner wings, rear wheel arches, jacking points, door bottoms, floor pans and swan necks - only about 75% of mine is the original car!! I've got 600 photos of the restoration.

I've reduced the price to £5995,

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rapierdave said:

Early end for the sale on ebay so presumably has now gone to a new home.

Hopefully a good one! I was seriously tempted to buy it myself but lack of storage space put me off. One day......