eBay and alcohol

Buz

20 hours ago, droop snoot hp firenza said:

i was very close to buying that car myself from James.  i viewed the car and thought it was great. but the timming was wrong. also i was paying around £1000 for it so you have got a real bargain .

great you are keeping it mostly orginal. as its one cool manta . the colour also i think is great.

would love to see a fresh painted panel. im sure it would look great. in the original colour

cant wait to see more photos as the resto takes shape. best of luck any help i can give will do.

also james is the wizz on the manta so any help or advice from james is top 

Many thanks for the offer of help , it's greatly appreciated.  Indeed it was a bargain. The guy who I bought it off in Hastings had quite a collection of cars and had a Manta A Berlinetta which was seriously rotten but would make a parts car. 

6 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Great car. We are just completing a full restoration 

F1680D49-1A68-456D-9744-AE966A39263D.jpeg

Very nice , I'm in most evenings this week if you want to drop it off at mine 😂. Once you leave it I will pop a cheque in the post .... honest 

Seriously though it looks nice and shiny and yellow. Could I ask you what paint code that is name/number ? 

I was looking at this as a potential spares car for my early B, but I knew I would end up keeping it intact! The headlamp surrounds aren't simply add-ons, the headlamps themselves are different. Gone by April 1976 IIRC. I intend keeping mine as standard as possible, although a spot of crustiness under the vinyl roof may mean she has to run around without for a little while! All the best with the restoration, I'm loving bringing mine back from the almost dead!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinyltop said:

I was looking at this as a potential spares car for my early B, but I knew I would end up keeping it intact! The headlamp surrounds aren't simply add-ons, the headlamps themselves are different. Gone by April 1976 IIRC. I intend keeping mine as standard as possible, although a spot of crustiness under the vinyl roof may mean she has to run around without for a little while! All the best with the restoration, I'm loving bringing mine back from the almost dead!!

Ours is a 77 and has the surrounds so think it may have carried on longer. 

05065A20-15FF-46BD-9378-4B68CADE2A74.jpeg

• Like 3

I’ve seen the surrounds on an S plated car so, depending on build date and how long they hung around at dealers, they did go on quite late.

Another cost saving deletion as it required two different headlamp glasses and an additional part with the body-colour shroud itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 25/09/2019 at 18:07, stradacab said:

I’ve seen the surrounds on an S plated car so, depending on build date and how long they hung around at dealers, they did go on quite late.

Another cost saving deletion as it required two different headlamp glasses and an additional part with the body-colour shroud itself.

Here is an example of an "S" reg B with headlamp shrouds, pic taken at Billing 2011. 

86543562_Billing2011-Copy.jpg.1f949abd0b58297929a19d2583023eca.jpg

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Buz said:

Will be very interested to see how much it sells for . Are you going to offer it for sale on the club. I'm sure someone would want it . what model is it ? 

It’s a Berlinetta I think from memory. Mint shell with many pictures of the build. Taste-full upgrades etc and a good list of new parts.  

it will be on here and eBay - never sold a car on here but messed about plenty on here unfortunately so tend to avoid it. 

• Like 1

Woohoo, log book came today , 9 previous owners , last taxed in 1991. So I have done my duty and sorn the car and they tell me I cannot re apply for tax within the next five days 😂  Rapidly trying to clear the other projects so that I can get on to it . Going to fabricate a rollover jig / spit at work as I know that most of the floor and rails are rotten. Having access to a plasma profiler and brake press is going to be invaluable I think. I've been trawling through lots of posts regarding bodywork which are going to be invaluable too. 

• Like 2

Indeed. Having to use nibbler, cutting disc, air-hacksaw and a vice to fabricate is frustrating !

Although not much needed for silver, I think both a plasma and proper plate bender (manual ofc) would be of massive benefit when I start on black coupe.

I am sure my TIG at home can do plasma cutting with an adapter🤯

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/09/2019 at 11:19, Danny D114BCW said:

Great car. We are just completing a full restoration 

F1680D49-1A68-456D-9744-AE966A39263D.jpeg

Just noticed your car is on ebay Dan . Looks fantastic fella 😍 . Good luck with the sale 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buz said:

Just noticed your car is on ebay Dan . Looks fantastic fella 😍 . Good luck with the sale 

It looks great, love that colour, My Mother has asked what I want for Christmas....now I know 😁 

Think She means more in the price range of a pair of jeans sadly though.

19 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

It looks great, love that colour, My Mother has asked what I want for Christmas....now I know 😁 

Think She means more in the price range of a pair of jeans sadly though.

Ha Ha 

it’s now on eBay looking forward a new home