Harold the Hatch

OVX 354V

Hi Everyone my name is Leon I am 10 years old and I have just purchased my first project car (it was going to be used as a doner car for my brothers) 

The car is a 1980 cav hatch minus engine and gearbox. (Harold) had been sitting for about 5 years in a wooded area. I got him home on Monday and yesterday I gave him a wash off to get rid of the accumulated tree leaves. Today I have started to strip him down I will post pictures of the rust when I can. I know I will certainly need at hatch boot so if anyone has one they would like to sell please let me know the closer to me the better if possible. Thanks. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 6

Welcome Leon. What a great story and a great car - I wish you the best of luck and many hours of enjoyment. Harold doesn't look too bad does he for an old fella, you must be very proud?

Out of interest, what makes you think that the tailgate needs to be replaced? With enough time, skill and patience most things can be saved.

Top tip - check everything thoroughly first, before you start buying new things.

Good luck  :thumbup

• Like 1

Hi Leon mot history was excellent and expired 2012 has a history of straight passes hopefully the underneath is not too bad but would recommend carefully checking for mouse/rat droppings  many things may have made there home in there 🐭 and fancyed a nibble.

If you have questions about anything just ask many cav nutters  on here and its always good to see another one saved very best of luck with your first project.