Jonnh

Hi to everyone hope it’s ok to join as I’ve got a modified Opal Ascona B with the 2.1 CIH engine . I’ve joined to get advice on the engine and gearbox which is the Getrac 240 thanks Jon 

Edited by Jonnh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome John. Plenty of info, top tip join as web membership as there is tons of info that’s hidden from non club members that Will definitely help you in the future if you want to search for technical info on older posts etc. You will then also get access to the FB omoc group. Think it’s £20 for the year, not much considering the info you get access to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

Welcome John. Plenty of info, top tip join as web membership as there is tons of info that’s hidden from non club members that Will definitely help you in the future if you want to search for technical info on older posts etc. You will then also get access to the FB omoc group. Think it’s £20 for the year, not much considering the info you get access to.

Why not become a full member?  It's only £25.

Edited by Vince

• 2 weeks later...

Well you will get coverage on the club Liability insurance scheme, so you can attended club events like Sywell and other local shows. I know that’s only any use of you are a “car show” type of person, which not everyone is. 
Full members also get the club magazine twice a year through the post and you get free valuations from the new club scheme. A few extra benefits for an additional fiver, which lets face it is the price of a pint and a bag of crisps! 🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

Well you will get coverage on the club Liability insurance scheme, so you can attended club events like Sywell and other local shows. I know that’s only any use of you are a “car show” type of person, which not everyone is. 
Full members also get the club magazine twice a year through the post and you get free valuations from the new club scheme. A few extra benefits for an additional fiver, which lets face it is the price of a pint and a bag of crisps! 🤣

Where are you getting your pint and crisps from? That’s a bargain! 

5 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Where are you getting your pint and crisps from? That’s a bargain! 

True - I think last time I looked it was £4.80 at my local for a pint of Hooky but most beers and the posh lagers were def over a fiver.......it would have to be Space Raiders  and a pint of slops!  🤣

• Like 2

3 quid at Our Ladies Social Club for a pint of Cider or Lager, Bitter 2.80, Mild 2.40. however it is known as Old Ladies with very good reason! It's not all bad if you want to travel back in time to the late 70's. 😁

Edited by TheRealExile

43 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

3 quid at Our Ladies Social Club for a pint of Cider or Lager, Bitter 2.80, Mild 2.40. however it is known as Old Ladies with very good reason! It's not all bad if you want to travel back I'm time to the late 70's. 😁

Sounds good to me......I wonder if they do a decent pint of 'Mild'.....not seen that since my yoof!

19 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

3 quid at Our Ladies Social Club for a pint of Cider or Lager, Bitter 2.80, Mild 2.40. however it is known as Old Ladies with very good reason! It's not all bad if you want to travel back in time to the late 70's. 😁

Yay I would look the part in my 76 Cav, just need longer hair and a moustache!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/04/2023 at 18:55, Sutty2006 said:

I suppose weatherspoons it’s a guaranteed cheep pint, but it goes with the territory. 

When in Bath a pant and a G&T £13 ,in weatherspoons under £5.00 

Got 2 meals for the price of a round 

• Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 22:59, Jessopia74 said:

There is zero extra benefit, I am full member but let’s be honest it gives nothing extra

Yes sadly not that I can see. However most members will help you lots on here I'm sure.  Where are you based in the UK

Edited by Angdown
In case it got taken the wrong way...
  • Like 1