Manta A Going to Auction

• 2 weeks later...

What did the hammer go down at?

Just over £22k, including buyer's premium.

It would cost a lot more to find a good one and make it as nice as that one, I imagine the buyer is very happy 🙂

IMHO: Engine bay looks neater without spongey insulation around heater box and even though a good, clean, new vinyl roof looks good, the painted roof works very nicely.

LS 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LostSoul said:

What did the hammer go down at?

Just over £22k, including buyer's premium.

It would cost a lot more to find a good one and make it as nice as that one, I imagine the buyer is very happy 🙂

IMHO: Engine bay looks neater without spongey insulation around heater box and even though a good, clean, new vinyl roof looks good, the painted roof works very nicely.

LS 🙂

Agreed. Anyone who has t]restored one knows how much money goes into them. Mostly always cheaper to buy one done 

4 hours ago, Rapierdave said:

That is a new high price for a Manta A.

Based on recent selling prices achieved on Manta A 's I think the clubs valuation page needs updating.

I think you are right Dave - the Club price guide for the Top End of Manta A's is about £15k and this has exceeded that by some margin. Time to review the price guide once again. I originally put it together in March 2023 but it was predominantly based on 2022 sale prices, and this year we have seen the sale prices continue to rise. It is about time the Manta A's caught up with the later cars. I always wondered why this was the case, as the Manta A is generally seen as a much "Prettier" car than the B - although the driving experience is quite different. Hopefully this has addressed that imbalance.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LostSoul said:

Please can someone point me in the direction of the Club Valuation Page...

I will need to ask for an Insurance Valuation for my car - is that in your world, Steve (1900SR) please?

I believe any rep or committee member can do it for you, I got mine done at the last VBOA meet I was at as most of the committee were there as well. Is Rapierdave a rep, if so he might be the man as I know he looked over your car not too long ago?

Edited by 1900SR

On 28/11/2023 at 00:14, LostSoul said:

Please can someone point me in the direction of the Club Valuation Page...

I will need to ask for an Insurance Valuation for my car - is that in your world, Steve (1900SR) please?

Here is the link to the buyers guide - although the top end of some of the valuations may now need to be revised based on current market trends.

https://mantaclub.org/files/file/96-opel-manta-buyers-guide-2023-v21/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

Here is the link to the buyers guide - although the top end of some of the valuations may now need to be revised based on current market trends.

https://mantaclub.org/files/file/96-opel-manta-buyers-guide-2023-v21/

I would add 50% to those prices in the Manta A valuation page.

Lost Fool I would value your Manta for insurance purposes at £20,000.

My insurer (Hagerty) requires no photo proof for valuation purposes for values up to £20k

Most insurers will accept your valuation  with photos if it's sensible.

Your car is worth on the open market between £15k - £20k, therefore I would ask your insurance company to insure it for £20k

You know what you paid for the car so you know it's current value.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my Exclusive agreed value set at 25k with just pics with Peter James. No hassle at all.

Ide pay 20k for a top nik A Series.

However it is my all time goal to own another one so im happy to pay good money for the right one if it ever came along.

On 01/12/2023 at 12:12, Rapierdave said:

Your car is worth on the open market between £15k - £20k, therefore I would ask your insurance company to insure it for £20k

You know what you paid for the car so you know it's current value.

Thank you, Dave.

Hopefully, my car won't see the open market again in my lifetime. For current value I'd like to use what I paid plus 50% of what I spend since buying. So £20k is already not far off! 🙀

My choice, I know, but I would pay more for a slightly worn original car than I would for a fully restored one (ie, mine Vs the Historics one). Most wouldn't, hence the £22k that one reached, I suppose. 😁

Thanks again