EXHAUST SYSTEM ASCONA/MANTA 2.0 CARB ENGINE

Philip skinner

I'm about to purchase a sportex one from ebay but not sure how loud Screenshot_20231204-120226_eBay.thumb.jpg.020ca62363db4bf474b3e104001bc2e9.jpgor quiet they are. There are some other options on ebay but no personal experience with them.

This one is available from online-automotive on ebay but I had to ask for a photo. Its only £75 but I think it would have to be modified.

5 minutes ago, Nivlek2525 said:

I'm about to purchase a sportex one from ebay but not sure how loud Screenshot_20231204-120226_eBay.thumb.jpg.020ca62363db4bf474b3e104001bc2e9.jpgor quiet they are. There are some other options on ebay but no personal experience with them.

This one is available from online-automotive on ebay but I had to ask for a photo. Its only £75 but I think it would have to be modified.

Screenshot_20231207-195123_eBay.jpg

afaik the std manta exhaust is identical anyway to a cav 2 litre system anyway.( the 1.6 had no front box )

as standard they are quiet enough unless yours is faulty, wrong or modified ?

there are listings on ebay for the std front pipe (vl239) but no picture to confirm it ! 

middle and back boxes are harder to find but do pop up .( back box would be easier to make / mod if not.)

as mentioned you could just "add in" an extra silencer if yours has a 1.6 system fitted or have one custom made with the emphasis on "original spec/ sound" if you can find someone who will make it to that particular spec. 

I think Sportex or Jetex are the only easy options these days unless you want to pay a lot of money from German suppliers.

As Barry say Sportex is louder but not too loud. I don’t like the chrome 3inch tail pipe though as the system is only 2 inch anyway it all for show. I cut the tile pipe off my Sportex and just bought a length of 2inch stainless exhaust and made my on tailpipe.Just cut it to length and made an adjustable bracket with an exhaust clamp.

2 inch is far more period in my opinion

IMG_4485.thumb.jpeg.27fd3bb433debbe1ca07a3349fe5b1d0.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

the picture above of the front pipe is correct. (and other bits)doesnt look like it needs modifying in any way. 

are these the ebay ones that i saw ?

Yes, all off ebay and all in stock.  But by the time you buy all the sections it's almost as cheap to buy the sportex system...which is what I've just done and its currently under the Christmas tree.

Just now, cam.in.head said:

nice to know the ebay ones are available. may just purchase one as a spare anyway. id rather stick to the standard quietness. cheers.

Not all available from one place so wasnt sure if they would all bolt up. I also wasn't aware that the manta had a front silencer so thought that down pipe looked wrong but if it's right then it's about £150 for a full system. The photos on ebay are generic so I asked for a photo and they sent one from the warehouse.

9 hours ago, mepbowles said:

You say that but I'm fairly sure mines original and doesn't. Though it is angled downwards. I have lost some shin skin to it a couple of times.

It’s not must, it’s should. Just remember we now live in a world where no one is responsible for themselves, so when the mess with a sharp tailpipe and get an injury guess who’s insurance they coming to claim against 🤦‍♂️

It could also fail an inspection for the sharp protruding crapfest of a reason, so make it baby safe lol

On 20/12/2023 at 20:26, Jessopia74 said:

so when the mess with a sharp tailpipe and get an injury guess who’s insurance they coming to claim against 🤦‍♂️

It could also fail an inspection.......

And that's where it all went wrong, the first case of a splinter from a match stick, or broken shoelace claim, should have been told where to go, 😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡

As for my razor sharp tail pipe, it now has a warning, surprised shin killer towbars haven't been outlawed, what a world 😂

4 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

And that's where it all went wrong, the first case of a splinter from a match stick, or broken shoelace claim, should have been told where to go, 😡🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡

As for my razor sharp tail pipe, it now has a warning, surprised shin killer towbars haven't been outlawed, what a world 😂

Hi, I am a victim and a survivor of said shin killing to bars. Just like to state fir the record I am still here 🤣🤣🤣

On 15/12/2023 at 23:28, 1200bandit said:

But l am used to noisy exhaust with being on a motorcycle and l like it.

IMG_1946.jpeg

That's one fine looking........rear end 🤣🤣

A number plate kills a car, the sooner we are supplied with invisible scan codes, the better, it would even look better with old style black plates. 👍