V.B.O.A. at Sywell Aerodrome 26th-28th July

As this years V.B.O.A is getting ever closer, 26th - 28th July, it's time to start planning ahead, tickets for the V.B.O.A are on sale now, we have started our plans for the layout and activities for the O.M.O.C stand, like last year we will be having a huge club BBQ on the Saturday evening, which will be £5 per person, we will also be having the yearly quiz on the Saturday evening, then on Sunday we will be having the show and shine with prizes for best A.B & C series, best derivative, car of the show, and top ten, all club member cars on the stand will be in with a chance of a trophy, we will also be having the club raffle with prizes galore.
Those of you that were with us last year will remember that I asked you to let me know if you were coming to the show, how many cars and people you were bringing and if you were camping, and it worked very well, In order to make sure we all have enough space I am doing the same again this year.
So what I would like to know is, are you joining us this year, how many people in your group, how many cars, and will you be camping, and so we know how many to cater for would you like to join us for the BBQ this year.
we had a great show last year and we really hope that you will join us for an even bigger and better show this year, many thanks from the O.M.O.C. Committee.

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0300 - Copy (2).JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

V.B.O.A 2023 (61).JPG

Hi Nick

Will be arriving on Thursday evening with Martin Meadon & James Coghlan all hopefully in Manta's.

We are staying in the Aviator hotel on Thursday night then camping in one large tent on Friday & Saturday night.

8 hours ago, Nick Cheeseman said:

Hello Bris Jas, thankyou for the reply, I will add you to the attendance list, will you be there on Friday to Sunday, or Sat and Sunday, many thanks, Nick.

Friday to Sunday Nick

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nick, we'll be there from Friday to Sunday. I'm gonna take the "400" with me and our son the GSI. We have an AirB&B at walking distance, and we are with 4 persons. Will inform you asap about the BBQ.  About Sunday: Not sure how long we can stay, got to get a ferry to France to drive back to Belgium, do you have a time schedule ?

Grts, Herman

• Like 1

Hello Herman, thankyou for getting in touch, the show opens at 8am on the Friday morning, and goes right through to Monday morning, we have to be offsite by 9am on Monday i think, we will be having the BBQ on Saturday afternoon, if you need to get hold of me please feel free to message me at nick.cheeseman74@gmail.com I look forward to seeing you at the show. best regards, Nick.

• Thanks 1

Weather being ok i hope to be bring the A series along and especially if @H-400 is going 🙂

What is the pricing? as looked on the VBOA site and its confusing?

Also, can members of the public come along and take a look as i have a friend who lives in Leicester and he said he might pop along but he is not an Opel owner so would not be bringing a car along. I presume he could park outside and come in on foot?

Thanks

Andy

Hi again Nick, we'll be with 4 persons for the BBQ. 

DFDS ferry is also booked some time ago, just printing the tickets and fitting the luggage 👍

2 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

My manta still in the bodyshop ,don’t know when it will done 

Hello Wayne, nice to hear from you, will you be joining us at Sywell this year, even if you don't have the Manta.

20 hours ago, 5102 IA said:

Had a year out, but I'll be there this year. Ticket bought for Friday to Sunday camping... the BBQ would be great. Ian. 

Hello Ian, great to hear from you, looking forward to seeing you at the show, I have added you to the list.

3 hours ago, H-400 said:

DFDS ferry is also booked some time ago, just printing the tickets and fitting the luggage 👍

3 hours ago, H-400 said:

Hello Herman, good to hear from you again, I hope that you have a good journey over here, I have added you to the list for the BBQ, we look forward to having you with us, please feel free to contact me if you need to know anything, best regards, Nick.

On 08/07/2024 at 17:12, 611 said:

Weather being ok i hope to be bring the A series along and especially if @H-400 is going 🙂

What is the pricing? as looked on the VBOA site and its confusing?

Also, can members of the public come along and take a look as i have a friend who lives in Leicester and he said he might pop along but he is not an Opel owner so would not be bringing a car along. I presume he could park outside and come in on foot?

Thanks

Andy

Hello Andy, I hope that you are well, have you managed to get your tickets yet, if not let me know so i can help navigate through the website, yes you bring friends and it is open to the public, what days are you planning on being there.

2 hours ago, Nick Cheeseman said:

Hello Wayne, nice to hear from you, will you be joining us at Sywell this year, even if you don't have the Manta.

Hello Ian, great to hear from you, looking forward to seeing you at the show, I have added you to the list.

Hello Herman, good to hear from you again, I hope that you have a good journey over here, I have added you to the list for the BBQ, we look forward to having you with us, please feel free to contact me if you need to know anything, best regards, Nick.

Hello Andy, I hope that you are well, have you managed to get your tickets yet, if not let me know so i can help navigate through the website, yes you bring friends and it is open to the public, what days are you planning on being there.

Hi Nick

Only for the Sunday. Staying with a friend on the Saturday who lives up that way and then we will both be heading along in my Opel first thing Sunday.

44 minutes ago, 611 said:

Hi Nick

Only for the Sunday. Staying with a friend on the Saturday who lives up that way and then we will both be heading along in my Opel first thing Sunday.

That's ok, I look forward to seeing you on the Sunday.

• Like 1

Have a great meet up, alas it’s the bosses birthday weekend, so my Manta won’t even move a wheel out of the garage.  But there’s a good drink for whoever might hook me up with a buyer 🥳

4 hours ago, BarryD89 said:

Have a great meet up, alas it’s the bosses birthday weekend, so my Manta won’t even move a wheel out of the garage.  But there’s a good drink for whoever might hook me up with a buyer 🥳

I'll take it for you 🤣 it's our anniversary on the 31st so the Mrs might accept it as our weekend away 🤣

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

I'll take it for you 🤣 it's our anniversary on the 31st so the Mrs might accept it as our weekend away 🤣

That’s awfully kind of you 🤪

• Haha 1

Nick, just booked Sat & Sun with camping. Just myself with Manta this year and yes for the BBQ .                                                                                                                                  Chris   

13 hours ago, spiney_norman said:

Hi Nick, I'll be there in a Saab again, an estate this time so I can sleep in the boot if it rains 😁

And yes please to the BBQ!

Hello Rob, Good to hear from you mate, I have added you to the list, look forward to seeing you there, will you be with us all weekend, Fri, St & Sunday..?

2 hours ago, rutlish said:

Nick, just booked Sat & Sun with camping. Just myself with Manta this year and yes for the BBQ .                                                                                                                                  Chris   

Good evening Chris, Good to hear from you, I have added you to the List, look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

8 hours ago, BarryD89 said:

Hello Barry, sorry to hear you won't be able to join us, but we can certainly put the word around that you Manta is for sale.

3 hours ago, rutlish said:

Hello Chris, good to hear from you, glad you will be joining us, I have added you to the list, look forward to seeing you at the show.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nick Cheeseman said:

Hello Rob, Good to hear from you mate, I have added you to the list, look forward to seeing you there, will you be with us all weekend, Fri, St & Sunday..?

All being well I'll get there some time around 8-9ish on the Friday evening, gives me time for a drink before I put my tent up... Can't spoil my perfect record. I'll be there til Sunday mate. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody, cause we use the Euro: Can we pay with plastic or do you recommend to take cash (£) with us?

Is there an ATM in the neighbourhood?

And less than a week to go:

UlQkJ0Y.jpg

• Like 4

Everywhere takes plastic now, but beware of transaction charges by your bank etc for the exchange per transaction mate.

So you would be better to have some cash for smaller buys (ice cream etc) and just use plastic CC for fuel/hotel etc.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Everywhere takes plastic now, but beware of transaction charges by your bank etc for the exchange per transaction mate.

So you would be better to have some cash for smaller buys (ice cream etc) and just use plastic CC for fuel/hotel etc.

a lot of places don't even take cash for ice creams these days 🙂