195bhp Redtop Hatch

Nice bit of kit :thumbup Roof def needs work, being its a hatch! should be easy to sort.

Not sure whats happening with the interior! look like grey rear seats with black rear door cards,

Front seats look brown BUT have been partly retrimmed to black. :blink:

Engine/body kit has got to be worth a few bob. New locks/keys, mot and finished off?

Will be worth twice it's present market value :thumbup

yeh its dizzy type. blue injectors have a 4 hole spray patern unlike your cream ones which have only 1 hole.

they will work fine and ive known some peaple say they run better but not faster, you will still be using the org fuel reg

so it wont over fuel. try it for nawt:)

Got to say Im with you on the bhp Mick didnt think it possible to get over 170 with std inj system in and to get near 200 you have got to get carbs or t/b's and cams,Ive not been tuning these engines now tho for a few years so things may have changed but I doubt it.

Prob just a sales pitch from the tuner or even a badly set up rolling road or maybe both if the tuner owns the rollers ;)

Would be interested in what the gearbox is tho would like to change mine to something a bit stronger was looking at a seq 6 spd but abit ££££.

Car looks well worth the £102 its at the mo may have a punt myself.

OH MY GOD!! the wiring and plumbing is unbelievable but works. i think 195 bhp is what he was told to believe it produced, but i would be very sceptical unless it was running a fully mapped ecu, forged deep pocket high comp pistons, cammed up with injectors to suit plus a bit more then only flywheel figures. could be a good buy though.

Heck....

Needs new roof

Astra GTE front Recaro's don't really match the Exclusive rears that are fitted.

Interior looks an absolute pigs ear, but easily sortable if you have access to good spares.

Bit wary on the engine, 197 at the wheels on std injection hmmmm, would be surprised if injection system is working at all judging by the mounted position of the ECU getting toasted by the ex manifold.

Hard car to buy or bid on seeing as there are no keys to hear or try it running, no V5 and only 1 Ebay feedback hmmmm I'd buy it if cheap enough and I had the space and money and a spare roof to weld on.

Personally, I didn't take much notice of the 195bhp claim ;) and I'm no expert on XE's :D

I didn't know about the Astra seats! maybe thats a good thing ;)

The only thing I'm not sure about? Is there someone else 'out there' who has the keys and the V5?

Cheers

Keith

No it's not 195bhp! It's really a 235bhp rallye hatchback (he was keeping that one to himself) :lol:

or maybe it's the 'go faster' body-kit, or maybe it's the 'E' in rallyE?. 1 day 12 hours left! Get a bid in and you could be out rallying this weekend :lol:

[edit] sorry it's "RallyE this weekend" :lol::lol::lol: best ebay add i've seen in a long time :lol:

"OPEL MANTA GTE rare gte fully body kit 235bhp rallye"

I reckon £750 is still a fair price in parts

Q: hi could you tell me please why its says on the top of page 235bhp and in descreption under a picture says 195bhp?thanks 21-Jun-09

A: because the standard engine with slight mods produced 195 only teling you what ive been told

cock!!!

^ :lol: Actually the standard engine produced 110bhp, a straight swap (rebuilt) red top 150bhp and assuming this engine has had the work as described I'd say 160bhp tops.

As for the £750 minimum he told me he wants, it maybe worth something in parts but then he should really set a reserve. Nice to see he went for a wee test drive in his last update, with no tax and test!?

i think £750 with no t&t is top whack for that car, he obviously has`nt a clue about the car or engine.

try get 195 out of a cih with only slight mods.. lol at the wheels too and i cant see a nos bottle about,

again....

cock

I asked him about the quaife straight cut gearbox its supposed to have

I was presuming its a ford box but wanted to know which one and which gear kit was fitted (as there are 2 versions and multiple different ratios available)

his answer was

owwwww now you got me best to call me then ill talk you threw the item if that helps as not sure ??

If he doesn't know what box is in it, how will talking me threw (or 'through' for those of us who speak the english language) help in any way :unsure:

If it does have a quaife straight cut kit in a ford box (and therefore a bellhousing adaptor) there's about £500 there before you touch the rest of the conversion bits.

But that is a BIG IF.

Its prob a standard manta box with no oil in it, so it sounds like a straight cut :lol:

hehe, hes getting stroppy now with the last 2 questions.

so....

no keys?

no v5

no rolling road print out

probably no quaiffe gearbox.

hows he know it solid underneith? only 6" clearance? thats practically a 4x4:)

no car knowledge at all.

and hes a cock:)

wheels may be £400 but still look shite on a manta.

:D i wouldnt touch this car..

and hes a cock:)

wheels may be £400 but still look shite on a manta.

he he :lol: I was working up to a 'good' pun post involving, 17" Halford wheels 'bouncy' Corsa P/X deal!

Maybe throwing in a £100 Halfords gift voucher, case of Stella AND the offer of treating him and his teenage GF,

to a curry? :lol::lol::lol:

I think, I would like a good look at this one, before bidding on it.

Sold for £500. Applying for a new V5 would have been easy for the bloke to do, it's a simple form you can get at the post office, but now it's two owners away from the last registered keeper. Imagine the buyer getting pulled by the rozzers "Is this your vehicle sir? What, no keys, no log book, you're under arrest for theft of a motor vehicle" additionally if you say it's 195bhp in a courtroom, you could be done for perjery!!!