A Coupe That Is Not A Coupe

Does look a good'un, i would put origanal wheels and seats in though the current ones do not look too out of place.

The Coupe part of the addvert could be as a result of the Cavalier / Manta hatch type being known as a Combi Coupe ( CC )

• Like 1

Interesting story on this one..............

It sold for £1250 to a dealer who shipped it over from Ireland then put it immediately up for sale on Flea Bay where the winning bid was £1400 today.

It has now been re-listed by the same dealer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-CAVALIER-SPORTS-HATCH-GLS-1979-OPEL-MANTA-/261755645668?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cf1da2ee4

Problem for the seller is that the car is worth around £1500 tops unless he gets lucky with a buyer who doesn't realise that Cavalier Sportshatches are not worth great money (yet)

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 1

I contacted him via eBay to tell him it wasn't a coupe and if he wanted more interest he should post up pictures around the swan neck and forward bulkhead.

At the right price it would be a great buy for someone getting in to the Manta/Mk1 Cavalier scene.

Interesting story on this one..............

It sold for £1250 to a dealer who shipped it over from Ireland then put it immediately up for sale on Flea Bay where the winning bid was £1400 today.

It has now been re-listed by the same dealer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-CAVALIER-SPORTS-HATCH-GLS-1979-OPEL-MANTA-/261755645668?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cf1da2ee4

Problem for the seller is that the car is worth around £1500 tops unless he gets lucky with a buyer who doesn't realise that Cavalier Sportshatches are not worth great money (yet)

Sold for £1220 this time round after being re-listed, oh dear.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

820 currently in this incarnation. Missing a wing trim, bonnet bubbling (which to be fair he has photographed) back bumper like a banana and seats threadbare don't do it favours.

Looks great in Black and with ATS's, some original seats and the details sorted could be a different car. Still a Cavalier and still a hatch too. Reckon 820 aint too far away personally (or is it me?)

• Like 2

820 currently in this incarnation. Missing a wing trim, bonnet bubbling (which to be fair he has photographed) back bumper like a banana and seats threadbare don't do it favours.

Looks great in Black and with ATS's, some original seats and the details sorted could be a different car. Still a Cavalier and still a hatch too. Reckon 820 aint too far away personally (or is it me?)

I agree. I think the previous auctions he did well. £1500 for this car is just a little to much I think.

Considering he paid £1250 for it in January & had to get it shipped over from Ireland i don't believe there's a profit & even possibly a loss on the cards.

The guy who sold it said on facebook he was delighted with the £1250 he got for the car, i bet he was  :)

Edited by Rapierdave