OMOC Calendars 2018

Irmscher Man

Hi, I am thinking about getting some calendars made up for 2018 and wondered if there would be many takers?

If you are interested in one, please add your name to the thread below and if we have enough to make it viable, then I will go ahead with an order for some. Ideally, I need a minimum of 10 orders.

I would like to get the order done by the end of November, so they can be sent out in time for Christmas, so please register your interest now. I can set this up as an item on the club shop if there is enough interest, so you can pay with Paypal if we go ahead.

They will be an A4 sized wall hanging calendar with various Manta pictures of A's, B's and C's - so something for everyone. I have attached a couple of sample images so that you get the idea. They are bound with a metal spiral binding, so good quality. I had 10 made up for friends for Christmas last year, and they went down very well.

Price would be £15 each but if we get a larger number of orders, then price will come down by a few pounds.

Capture 1.JPGCapture4.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture.JPG

• Paul B  x  2
  • TheRealExile  x 1
  • Roy Vd Werf x 2
  • Jock Ramsay x 2
  • Charlie Cooper x 2
  • Dimpas x 2

So far - that's 11 required. There is still time to order one, so please let me know this week if you would like an OMOC calendar for Christmas. If we get a few more orders, the price will come down a bit.

Nice idea, great christmas gift,

https://www.vistaprint.co.uk/photo-gifts/calendars/wall-calendars?xnav=NVHP_FeaturedProducts_Single_1_cta0

If there are 250 omoc members, 250 calendars would only cost £4 per member, opposed to 10 calendars at just over £5. 

Membership to omoc is £25 at say 250 members, thats over 6k per year! 250 calenders would only be just over 1k of omoc profit, surely all members deserve at least 1 calendar free for being a member, its just a thought! But be careful on copyright of those images, 

Goodluck, oh and this advise was free, non member!

Edited by ®evo03
thought it was free to all members, my bad!

We have made Calendars before, and they have gone down well with some members but others are just plainly not interested. I think for that reason it would be a waste of club funds to make them for everyone - admittedly they would be much cheaper if we did a bulk buy but not a great deal of point if half of them never see the light of day. To be honest, the club funds are better spent on paying for Liability insurance, printing and posting the magazine, web hosting fees and promoting the club at various national events. We aim to have surplus funds to enable the club to run for a period of 12 months without any income, so we do keep the bank account sitting at around £5k for this purpose.

Current standard prices for 10+ copies of an A4 Calendar are £13.50 on Vistaprint, plus cost of an envelope (£0.90) and postage (£1.30), which puts the price at over £15. There are various discount codes available to bring the order costs down but things are never quite a straightforward as they initially seem. That also doesn't take into account anyone's time or effort in putting the designs together, taking them to the post office and sending them out.

With regards to copyright, 8 of the images in this years calendar have been taken by myself, plus a few taken from Opel Brochure images, (which we as a club are permitted to use). We are usually pretty careful about that but thanks for the advice!

So - the good news is that as we have now over 10 orders, the price has come down to £12.50 for club members.

I have put the order in and they should be available at the end of this week. I will email the members who have already contacted me about placing an order and arrange for them to be sent out. I will have a small surplus, so if anyone else is interested, please leave your name on this thread.

We have:

• Paul B  x  2
  • TheRealExile  x 1
  • Roy Vd Werf x 2
  • Jock Ramsay x 2
  • Charlie Cooper x 2
  • Dimpas x 2
  • Mick Harbidge x1

Just as a Final Reminder, I have ordered the 2018 OMOC Calendars and I have confirmed orders for most of them. I have over ordered slightly (to try and bring the price down a bit) so have about 5 going spare. I will be sending out the PayPal emails today regarding payment, so please keep an eye out for that when it arrives. 

Price is now £12.50 including postage and packing to a UK address.

There is still time to let me know if you would like one.

So far, the confirmed orders are:

• Paul B  x  2
  • TheRealExile  x 1
  • Roy Vd Werf x 2
  • Jock Ramsay x 2
  • Charlie Cooper x 2
  • Dimpas x 2
  • Mick Harbidge x1
  • Steve Sutton x 2
  • Justin House x 1

Total of 15 

Many Thanks to those that have paid so promptly. I hope to be posting them out on Friday.

Julian - I have added you to the list and have sent you a payment request this evening.

• Paul B  x  2                PAID
  • TheRealExile  x 1      
  • Roy Vd Werf x 2
  • Jock Ramsay x 2     PAID
  • Charlie Cooper x 2   PAID
  • Dimpas x 2
  • Mick Harbidge x1    PAID
  • Steve Sutton x 2
  • Justin House x 1     PAID
  • Julian x 1                  PAID

Total = 16

How about a calendar with manta magic printed on reverse of each month, essentially it would be manta magic, with a calendar, every second page, solves the problem of no content etc etc, events could be marked each month. I mean the mag is only produced once a year! Makes sense! 

Tips, model history, projects builds, could be used for content. Keep it interesting, and keep members involved, and give em bang 4 buck!

• Paul B  x  2                PAID
  • TheRealExile  x 1      
  • Roy Vd Werf x 2
  • Jock Ramsay x 2     PAID
  • Charlie Cooper x 2   PAID
  • Dimpas x 2               PAID
  • Mick Harbidge x1    PAID
  • Steve Sutton x 2
  • Justin House x 1     PAID
  • Julian x 1                  PAID
  • mantai200 x 1          PAID

Total = 17

Thanks to everyone that ordered a Calendar, appreciated.

Everyone that has paid had their Calendar posted out via First Class mail this morning, so you should have a little package arrive within 2 days. Apologies as I had meant to get them posted out on Monday but the snow over the weekend meant that my plans changed a bit. I ended up working from home, (and didn't leave the house all day as it was too bleedin' cold!)

• Paul B  x  2                  PAID & SENT
  • TheRealExile  x 1       PAID & SENT
  • Roy Vd Werf x 2         PART PAID
  • Jock Ramsay x 2       PAID & SENT
  • Charlie Cooper x 2     PAID & SENT
  • Dimpas x 2                 PAID & SENT
  • Mick Harbidge x1      PAID & SENT
  • Steve Sutton x 2        PAID & SENT
  • Justin House x 1       PAID & SENT
  • Julian x 1                    PAID & SENT
  • mantai200 x 1            PAID & SENT

If anyone else would like one for the New Year, I still have one or two left over......otherwise I am going to have to have a few for myself and send them out as Christmas presents otherwise!

• Thanks 1