Speedo cable for 2.0 auto

IanMc

Hi all,

Anyone know the part number of, and where I can source a speedo cable for my 1979 2.0 auto Cav?

I ordered one on Ebay that the Seller claimed would fit, but its only about half the length required.

Thanks in advance.

In Belgium still available, but not sure it fits also on a automatic. Manufactor of the cable is Hitec, length 1240mm. Looked at your topic and connection on the gearbox looks the same...

1 hour ago, H-400 said:

In Belgium still available, but not sure it fits also on a automatic. Manufactor of the cable is Hitec, length 1240mm. Looked at your topic and connection on the gearbox looks the same...

Hi Herman,

Many thanks for your post.

I can get one for a manual car, no problem at all. Unfortunately it’s the auto box that is causing the problem at the moment.

I will find something soon - I promise.

2 hours ago, droop snoot hp firenza said:

i have an auto box for a manta i will have a look to see if the cable is there but i do not think it is

Thanks mate, much appreciated.... BUT ....

I have literally just found and bought one on Ebay.

Basically I E-mail lots of random sellers telling them all my predicament and one guy came back saying that his listing was incorrect and what he was selling was in fact for an AUTO not a manual.

What a stroke of luck, I'm very pleased I can tell you!!

Thanks to all of you top people for your help and suggestions !

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I have a speedo cable off a 4 speed auto I think it was a 2ltr

Hi Danny,

Many thanks, but I THINK that I am all sorted now - fingers crossed!

Ian. When you do get a cable that is correct for an automatic box, will you put up details? for eg, length and clear photos of both ends, for me? Please.

Cheers.

49 minutes ago, Julian said:

Ian. When you do get a cable that is correct for an automatic box, will you put up details? for eg, length and clear photos of both ends, for me? Please.

Cheers.

No problem Sir, it will be a pleasure.

An update and (hopefully) successful outcome to this small search.

I am pleased to report that the correct part has arrived. Hope fully the details below will not only help Julian, but maybe somebody else in the future.

The first two or three photos are of the packaging of the cable, the rest show the end fittings and finally the overall length of the cable for my car (even though the packaging says 76 3/4" = 1949.45 mm).

Its also interesting to note that it says that this cable will fit some manual Manta's and Ascona's?!

r4lNnDX.jpg?1

dPrIFXK.jpg?1

l335KdU.jpg?1

The speedo / dash end:

bNkwFQA.jpg

BVprro5.jpg

The auto box end:

IuxhPLH.jpg

iEullyB.jpg

xLfXa1A.jpg

And lying next to the old one on the garage floor - they match!

I3BcerX.jpg

Just need to fit the bulkhead grommet to the new cable and then all I have to do is fit it  :lol:

• Like 1