Mk 1 cavalier gls coupe

Kurtupsin75

2 hours ago, H-400 said:

Pics of my GSI:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

The clips on the other side:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Thanks for the pics am I missing a clamp on the back? Of hose got the clip that Hold the hose but it want set correct and won't go back far enough on the hole as the m10 nut seems to get in the way to seat correct. 

Replacement wings. Primerd. Question time. Mountney steering wheel  boss has any one got one fitted on the car possible pics and wots involved to fit thanks 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Front wings  stonechiped and body coloured, rear brakes assembled working hand brake, cailpers fitted but having hose issues, lh rh door bottoms repaired boot lid baremetaled and primerd front wing permanently fitted. Steering fitted 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kurtupsin75 said:

Original door in black expoxy primer I did at the beginning of the restoration 

Got a couple to fit on my AsconA doors and so far 2 bodyshops have said they don't want to do them, seems like voodoo to them 🤔

18 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

Great work! 

modern body shops don’t like old school work. You need to find an old school body guy to fit door skins nowadays. 

Done plenty door skins in the past in this day and adge complete doors bought new to save Time and money skins were always damaged even being well packed back in the day when they were obtainable 

• Like 2

yes ive had issues too with bodyshop fitting a door skin. door fitted perfectly with original skin and then stuck out at rear lower corner with new skin on. if they bend the frame edge when removing old skin and dont try the door back on the car to check then this can easily happen. i have only fitted one skin myself since and fitted it with the door back on the car first to check. all was well then but youde be suprised how much the frames can bend by removing an old one. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cam.in.head said:

yes ive had issues too with bodyshop fitting a door skin. door fitted perfectly with original skin and then stuck out at rear lower corner with new skin on. if they bend the frame edge when removing old skin and dont try the door back on the car to check then this can easily happen. i have only fitted one skin myself since and fitted it with the door back on the car first to check. all was well then but youde be suprised how much the frames can bend by removing an old one. 

On bottom rear corner the door dose stick out  abit as the same as front to allow sill trim clearence 

• Thanks 1