Jump to content

Recommended Posts

hi all.dont know which section to ask this in realy so 

has the site just changed all its design / typeface etc today ? or have i been hacked? 

cannot sign in on usual page ,comes up with misdirected request ?

can only get on via google first then goes on but looks different 

Link to post
Share on other sites

even the top bar on ipad safari has gone black as if its on private browsing 

is yours the same ?

and also lost the ability to close the page or swap websites .have to double click home button to get site off screen. doesnt happen on any other sites,ebay,google,other car forums etc ?...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cam.in.head said:

even the top bar on ipad safari has gone black as if its on private browsing 

is yours the same ?

and also lost the ability to close the page or swap websites .have to double click home button to get site off screen. doesnt happen on any other sites,ebay,google,other car forums etc ?...

No, but my Mrs iPad is weird with some sits, hers is an Air, mine is a pro, it affects some sites especially Facebook after its update. I suspect it's the coding of the site. Can you try it in chrome or other browser as I think the functionality of the iPad.

edit has moved too and The activity on the right hand side no longer takes my to the new posts within the thread. It also no longer shows as bold for unread 🤯

Edited by Jessopia74
Link to post
Share on other sites

mine is an air as well so may be something to do with that . 

just wanting to make sure that everyone else has the same .different typeface,green instead of red alarm too .

surely the owners know if this is correct or not otherwise im not sure i dare use it 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, cam.in.head said:

mine is an air as well so may be something to do with that . 

just wanting to make sure that everyone else has the same .different typeface,green instead of red alarm too .

surely the owners know if this is correct or not otherwise im not sure i dare use it 

I will try on her Air and see what it looks like

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Exclusive Opel said:

Looks like it's been updated. Works fine on Windows 10 and Android.

If it still looks like this, you might have problems :lol:

1583371201_OldOMOCpage.jpg.a5d3f25f21a6c66b4cb56d965fd21054.jpg

mine actually works ok just looks different . the red bell is now green . text is thicker and different . thought maybee the club had just redesigned the site .maybee its an update like you say . thought maybee the omoc owners of the club/ site may know thats all. didnt want to be using it if its a bogus site or mine had been hacked if thats possible. 

or im just an old git that hates change !     that sounds more like it  lol

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

mine is an air as well so may be something to do with that . 

just wanting to make sure that everyone else has the same .different typeface,green instead of red alarm too .

surely the owners know if this is correct or not otherwise im not sure i dare use it 

Have you got the latest iOS updates? Just tried on Mrs. Air and she said my Son had to reset all the browser and clear cookies after last updates as the browser was been erratic.😬

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there was an update to the latest version of Invision Community, we always keep up with the latest releases however we did get a little behind this time (4.5 has been out for a few months) but that has given the software time to stabilize after a major update.

21 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

and also lost the ability to close the page or swap websites .have to double click home button to get site off screen. doesnt happen on any other sites,ebay,google,other car forums etc ?...

If you've added the site to your home screen and access via that, this is something called a 'Progressive Web Application' where your device will try to treat the site like a real standalone application rather than just a normal web browser (it's still a web browser underneath, but it doesn't have the typical browser interface). This isn't new though, it was a feature added at least 12 months ago.

One of the cool new things that 4.5 enables is a real App for your phone, it's still in development but Android users can get it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.invisioncommunity.communities When approved, OMOC will be listed under the automotive category. iOS deals with early access apps a different way, so I'm afraid you'll need to wait for general release.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the OMOC as a tile on my i phone alongside other Apps but now when I press it I get misdirected request as well, how do I fix it.

Edited by Mike.
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mike. said:

I have the OMOC as a tile on my i phone alongside other Apps but now when I press it I get misdirected request as well, how do I fix it.

Thanks, that looks like it is related to a server side change. I have made some adjustments, does it work now?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

mine doesnt so ive deleted it completely and can only get in by going to google first then searching for opel manta owners club then saving the results as an " add to home screen" seems to work that way but still a different layout to what it was before and got used to .guess il just have to learn my way around it .

you mention an update which explains the site access differences. can an admin just confirm that they have redesigned the site look thou please 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cam.in.head said:

mine doesnt so ive deleted it completely and can only get in by going to google first then searching for opel manta owners club then saving the results as an " add to home screen" seems to work that way but still a different layout to what it was before and got used to .guess il just have to learn my way around it .

You're still seeing something say "misdirected request"?

25 minutes ago, cam.in.head said:

you mention an update which explains the site access differences. can an admin just confirm that they have redesigned the site look thou please 

Yes, the latest version of the platform we use had a new design - https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/45-introducing-our-updated-default-theme-r1198/ our design is  based on the default theme but with OMOC brand colours.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

no,i got the misdirected request by using the original "add to home screen" icon that i used to use so deleted that and now can only get on via google . it seems to work ok its only one step more than before. 

i cannot add the actual homepage as i used to before because it just brings up a black bar at top and no way of exiting the page or switching between other sites so il do it this way. 

thanks for replies

also when you talk of 'platforms and other computer jargon im lost im afraid (wrong era for me !) lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stoo2000 said:

Thanks, that looks like it is related to a server side change. I have made some adjustments, does it work now?

Hi stoo2000, 

works perfectly now,

thanks👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost all fields. Can't post. Can't send a pm as message field is gone. I have title. That's it? 

When I try to reply to post on forum. Nothing happens.

Weird looking too, wouldn't call it an update, maybe downgrade! Is it meant to look 1985 retro! 

Looks OK on phone, same as before really. 

What's going on? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Lost all fields. Can't post. Can't send a pm as message field is gone. I have title. That's it? 

When I try to reply to post on forum. Nothing happens.

Weird looking too, wouldn't call it an update, maybe downgrade! Is it meant to look 1985 retro! 

Looks OK on phone, same as before really. 

What's going on? 

It looks like you're using a really old Android (v4) tablet with a really old version of Chrome (v36 - released 6 years ago). You'll need to use a more modern browser if you're having issues with how the site looks (it uses newer styling techniques that older browers do not support).

Having a quick look online, you should at least be able to upgrade to a newer version of Chrome on that version of Android.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The links to activity on the right no longer takes me into the threads latest posts, nor are they showing up as BOLD for unread. Is this something in my settings or site settings that needs to be changed Stuart?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...