Nice car as always

Dare i say it with a 5 stud conversion😶 as well..anyone know what the powerplant is....i would expect a fully breathed on redtop for that money at the very least....is it the 1.8 ohc one as previously seen on forum.🤓

32 minutes ago, evo3000 said:

...anyone know what the powerplant is....i would expect a fully breathed on redtop for that money at the very least....is it the 1.8 ohc one as previously seen on forum.🤓

Says 2.2 Carlton on the ad

• Like 1

Yeh ad is what it is, its 1978, 2.2, 5 stud, and lovely, what more do you need to know, guess only serious buyers would contact seller, and dont know what would go on if you wanted to view the car, probably need to be very serious, with an offer!  Now is not the time for tyre kickers, offensive offers, time wasters, and test drivers.

Its not the 1.8 from 6yrs ago, thats a different car, now has a breathed on xe! 

Very nice car. 

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 1

Think I would prefer it on a 1.8 ohc on twin DCOE carbs v 2,2 on twin DCOE carbs. Be close, maybe 1.8 pushing bhp higher up rev range, but the 2.2 would have a few more torques at the cost of a heavier lump.

But doing anything to reduce that weight over front axle is a bonus, so an alloy block/head engine choice would be lovely.

P

• Like 1