Court turbo

12 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Is that still up for sale? Or has it been sold to a dealer who’s put his own VAT on it? 

stunning manta. I’ll never own one though. 😢

No, it looks like it's still Ian Finlay who is selling it. I'm guessing those photos are taken in a storage unit. 

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 2

Sorry to ask such a silly question, but why is still for sale? What's the reason it is still not being sold? If people are buying exclusive ones for 20k + sometimes it still needs some work done and this mint and special car for less than 30k are not finding new home.

Thanks in advance

21 hours ago, Dave0110 said:

Sorry to ask such a silly question, but why is still for sale? What's the reason it is still not being sold? If people are buying exclusive ones for 20k + sometimes it still needs some work done and this mint and special car for less than 30k are not finding new home.

Thanks in advance

simple answer is that everybody wants a standard original car these days. Look at classic cars in general, standard original fetch more than modified cars.

I know this car from old, and went to look at it when it was at auction, but in my opinion the bodywork isnt up to where it should be, not far off but needs paintwork and the rear spoiler isnt the best as its covered in cracks.

But not knocking the car at all, just things i couldnt live with personally.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chrisb said:

simple answer is that everybody wants a standard original car these days. Look at classic cars in general, standard original fetch more than modified cars.

I know this car from old, and went to look at it when it was at auction, but in my opinion the bodywork isn't up to where it should be, not far off but needs paintwork and the rear spoiler isn't the best as its covered in cracks.

But not knocking the car at all, just things i couldn't live with personally.

I have to agree. Original will always fetch the best prices nowadays.

Given the best GTE's are currently fetching circa £20K (or thereabouts +/-) at near £30K as it was originally for sale, it's just too much. At the end of the day, it's just an Exclusive with a Turbo bolted on. The brake upgrades and other mods are nice to have but not a deal breaker.

Then there's the i240 kit. Far nicer that the 400 kit, and if done well probably adds appeal to some buyers.

Interesting that ChrisB reckons it needs paintwork. The Ebay ad says it was resprayed in September 2021, but reading the sellers Facebook posts it seems it was 2012. Maybe just a typo but misleading nevertheless.

If it had been advertised at £24995 it might have sold. Still a lot of money though.

• Like 1

The sides have been painted but unfortunately the scuttle, bonnet and boot have not, there were heavy mask lines on the corners of the front scuttle and the same on the corners of the rear panel at the base of the rear window.

Rear spoiler was pretty tatty to be honest with flaking paint and cracks.

But like i said before im not knocking the car in any way shape or form, just an honest opinion from myself.

• Like 2