2 year old 2.0e intake hose/pipe splitting.

hoobby

Got replys from both parties 

MM Opel parts "we do not know" 

Edelschiede "We have this hose bend made ourselves, it is of course of the usual high edelschmiede quality." have emailed them back with a pic of hose will let you know the response.

• Thanks 1

this is a pic of MM Opel parts:

https://www.mm-opelparts.nl/slang-lucht-2-0e

when you enlarge one of the pics you can see the symbol of Edelschmiede.  The last years rubber parts are made of a bad quality cause the use of lead is forbidden. Also in rubber bushings of suspensions etc. 

Edited by H-400
  • Like 2

On 04/04/2023 at 17:40, ®evo03 said:

Would be interesting if warranty is available. 

Got a reply from edelschiede 

normally, this hose is in really high quality, we produce everytime in best quality. But sometimes the rubber compound is not perfect, so it will be in bad condition after some years. I will send you a new one for free. I think, you don’t mind, am I right?!? 😉

Bye bye form sunny but cold Germany 

Well what can I say top marks edelschiede  🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hoobby said:

normally, this hose is in really high quality, we produce everytime in best quality. But sometimes the rubber compound is not perfect, so it will be in bad condition after some years. I will send you a new one for free. I think, you don’t mind, am I right?!? 😉

Top marks indeed! 
Will he send a teabag along with it too 🤔

• Like 1

Probably envirotard government policy forcing the suppliers of the rubber to use a percentage of recycled crap, and forbid them to use certain chemicals to make the rubber temperature resistant. Knee-jerk bans and restrictions seem par for the course these days, but nice to hear Edelschmeider is going to replace it.

Edited by Rick-Manta

1 hour ago, Rick-Manta said:

Probably envirotard government policy forcing the suppliers of the rubber to use a percentage of recycled crap, and forbid them to use certain chemicals to make the rubber temperature resistant. Knee-jerk bans and restrictions seem par for the course these days, but nice to hear Edelschmeider is going to replace it.

Sadly the world does need to be protected and it has to start somewhere. The irony is most of the legislation is focused on the converted anyway (uk &EU) when we have certain large population countries that clearly do not give a flying feck about waste/pollution/planet that between them accounts for 2/3 of the world population’s 🤔💁🤬

8 hours ago, hoobby said:

Great result and refreshing to see customer service is still alive somewhere 👍

19 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Sadly the world does need to be protected and it has to start somewhere. The irony is most of the legislation is focused on the converted anyway (uk &EU) when we have certain large population countries that clearly do not give a flying feck about waste/pollution/planet that between them accounts for 2/3 of the world population’s 🤔💁🤬

I disagree with the first bit but even if I didn't, a handful of stuck-up, bureaucratic politicians are the people least fit to dictate what needs saving and from whom; which is why there's this disparity of worldwide pollution regulation you mention.

Edited by Rick-Manta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/04/2023 at 20:42, Trooker said:

Will he send a teabag along with it too 🤔

IMG_20230428_185357.thumb.jpg.7592f722fbd85c154277ae12817bf981.jpg

New hose,clips and yes a tea bag cherry and banana really not sure of the flavour but hose looks and feels very different from the other one when I got it.

Going  clean the  old one and refit and put some tiger seal in cracks as neatly as possible may get a few more years out of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hoobby said:

IMG_20230428_185357.thumb.jpg.7592f722fbd85c154277ae12817bf981.jpg

New hose,clips and yes a tea bag cherry and banana really not sure of the flavour but hose looks and feels very different from the other one when I got it.

Going  clean the  old one and refit and put some tiger seal in cracks as neatly as possible may get a few more years out of it.

I quite like their fruit tea! I wish they’d send me a months supply! Haha 

• Haha 3