Low mileage 1988 GTE exclusive coupe

Manta 666

Hello all

1988 Opel Manta GTE Exclusive, Irmscher edition. In rare Starmist black. Low mileage at 57648 with service book up to 33000 still in its holder in the passenger footwell. 4 previous owners. It’s had Willwood calipers fitted anda new Sportex exhaust (still have the original exhaust) these are the only modifications to the car, the rest is complete original down to the radio and speakers. The interior is fantastic condition other than some slight wear to the drivers seat. Original steering and centre pad. The paint work it stunning with no rust around or in the sun roof area. But please bear in mind that this a 35 year old car so it does have some stone chips on the front bumper area. This car has never been restored or re painted so there is some surface rust on the axles and underneath. It’s has had some small patches welded on the rear area of both seals but that is the only welding it’s had. MOT expires on the 24th October, loads of history including original purchase invoice when the car was new. I have loads of pictures of the car top and bottom, which I’m Happy to share. I’m very sad to see this car go as I’ve only had it a couple of years. Due too to many projects and lack of using it, It’s time to move it on to someone who will make more use of it and show it off. I’m looking for £25.000. Located in East Sussex. Any question please ask. Cheers 

IMG_9523.jpeg

IMG_9524.jpeg

IMG_9244.jpeg

IMG_9755.jpeg

IMG_9245.jpeg

IMG_9246.jpeg

IMG_9247.jpeg

IMG_9248.jpeg

IMG_9666.jpeg

IMG_9678.jpeg

IMG_9677.jpeg

IMG_9681.jpeg

IMG_9714.jpeg

IMG_9708.jpeg

IMG_9694.jpeg

IMG_9689.jpeg

IMG_9696.jpeg

IMG_9697.jpeg

IMG_9699.jpeg

IMG_9739.jpeg

IMG_9749.jpeg

IMG_9750.jpeg

IMG_9751.jpeg

IMG_9753.jpeg

IMG_9756.jpeg

IMG_9760.jpeg

IMG_9763.jpeg

IMG_9761.jpeg

IMG_9758.jpeg

IMG_9759.jpeg

Edited by Manta 666
Lowered price
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

What ever happened to that car? 

I wish I knew, it went to Anglesey in 2008.

I've tried several times to trace it to hopefully buy it back but I can't find it.

It's not even had an MOT since.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, starmist said:

I wish I knew, it went to Anglesey in 2008.

I've tried several times to trace it to hopefully buy it back but I can't find it.

It's not even had an MOT since.

That’ll either be in Ireland or in a bubble somewhere. I’m surprised with the recent hike in prices it hasn’t cropped up at a classic car auction 

• Like 2

Can't find mine either no tax since 92 and I sold it with a full MOT, I'd done all the work on it, every so often it would jump out of 2nd, had a non matching drivers side door card, and GTE bumpers and side skirts the rest was standard SR, I guess back then people would scrap them especially as it only went for 300 quid if I recall correctly.

It might be worth trying to get a set of original wheels. I'm pretty sure all exclusives had the anthracite ones with a silver outline, and that would suit the starmist black a lot better too.

If we were a bit nearer, I'd offer to swap my mint exclusive alloys for the silvers.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rick-Manta said:

It might be worth trying to get a set of original wheels. I'm pretty sure all exclusives had the anthracite ones with a silver outline, and that would suit the starmist black a lot better too.

If we were a bit nearer, I'd offer to swap my mint exclusive alloys for the silvers.

I believe the silver ronals are correct for Starmist Exclusives.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...