GTE injector to fuel rail connector

Nivlek2525

Hi, I'm refurbishing the fuel rail with new R9 hose and giving everything a clean up and a paint. The hose between the injector and the rail is crimped onto the injector so I can't replace the hose until I get the crimped end off. Can I just cut through the crimped fitting with a dremel and replace it with a fuel clip as used on the rest of the rail. I suppose I'm asking does the injector have a barbed end on that I can attach the fuel hose on to? The fitting in question is circled in the last picture. 

Any and all help appreciated. 

K.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/82TcPtBt1qv8W9a88

2 hours ago, H-400 said:

Hi Kelvin, follow this link to one of my topics:

https://mantaclub.org/forums/topic/43558-new-swan-neck/page/8/

check the following pages

would fit new filters as I did,

Hi Herman,

I hope you are well.

Thanks for the link to your write up. Exactly what I was looking for. 

Making slow progress with the car. I set myself a deadline of the end of September (5th anniversary of getting the car getting) to fire up the car for the first time.....I've still got some way to go.

I'll replace the filters as suggested.

Thanks again.

K.

2 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

Yes, barb on injector, you need to slice into the rubber to remove the small hose and when refitted use the 360 degree stainless steel hose clip...

Stainless Steel Mini Petrol or Oil Hose Clips/Clamps | 18 - 20 | D7700 —  FluidAirFittings

Cheers for confirming Pete. Really appreciated.  I've bought some of those clips but not enough so ended up using some of the old ones, which was a bit of a pain as the new R9 hose has a slightly heavier wall than the old stuff so the clips are on their limit. I'll order a bunch of them and replace them all.

Thanks again.

K.

• Like 1

As GTEPETE wrote, use the correct hose clips, and ofcourse quality rubber hoses. You all don't want to know how many cars I see with cheap poor quality hoses and non correct clamps. More important in mid and rear engined cars cause those engines are not easy to maintain

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, H-400 said:

As GTEPETE wrote, use the correct hose clips, and ofcourse quality rubber hoses. You all don't want to know how many cars I see with cheap poor quality hoses and non correct clamps. More important in mid and rear engined cars cause those engines are not easy to maintain

Hi Herman 

Good advice. I managed to get some 'ethanol proof' R9 pipe at the local halfords. They only sell it in one metre lengths but it's relatively inexpensive. I didn't want to buy off ebay as I've heard the quality is questionable. Hopefully halfords have sourced decent stuff.

For anyone looking for a short length Halfords list it as R7 fuel injection hose at 7mm but its actually labeled up as 7.6mm R9 hose. About £6 metre. They do more diameters in store than listed on the Web.

I've also just received what I think are appropriate clips from amazon. Hopefully they will.do the job.

I'll order the filter baskets later today.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gjnaMA3P3bQ2x94W9

Cheers

K.

• Like 1

Please keep a close eye on the new hoses. I purchased “R9” from Halfords about 5 years ago, within a year I had a perished hose leaking fuel onto the exhaust manifold 🙈 I never use E10 fuel either.

Hopefully Halfords changed suppliers since then but if it’s not branded, take care!

• Like 1

On 02/09/2023 at 18:29, Trooker said:

Please keep a close eye on the new hoses. I purchased “R9” from Halfords about 5 years ago, within a year I had a perished hose leaking fuel onto the exhaust manifold 🙈 I never use E10 fuel either.

Hopefully Halfords changed suppliers since then but if it’s not branded, take care!

an easy test, is,  cut off a small length, and put it in a  container of fuel to soak, and keep checking how it reacts...

On 02/09/2023 at 18:29, Trooker said:

Hi Alex, 

That's not great. Hopefully Halfords have upped their game since then....Time will tell...literally.

I will keep an extra close eye on them and report back any issues.

Got to be better than the ones I took off, they were like cardboard!

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

an easy test, is,  cut off a small length, and put it in a  container of fuel to soak, and keep checking how it reacts...

I like this idea. Simple.

Cheers.

• Like 1

if i were you i wouldnt fit the unbrandedstuff . i fitted some to mine a couple of years ago maybee less and it had perished this year already. everyone has there preffered makes but i personally have used codan and cohline .and yes if yourechanging it might as well use r9 now cos even if your not using e10 at least you are capable if you were stuck anywhere with no alternative .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

Yep but after the scare I ordered Codan and threw away the rubbish. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254702880356

Its been fine ever since 👍

later I replaced the hoses at the tank & pump. The Codan wasn’t available at that time so I used Gates from here

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/rubber-fuel-hose

Edited by Trooker
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks all it's much appreciated.

Looks like I might be ordering some more pipe then...

I'd heard all the horror stories so I didn't want to order anything of ebay in case it was just labelled up as something it wasn't. I went with halfords thinking they must sell loads of it so can't be too bad. But if others have had good results with the codan stuff I'll get a couple of meters ordered. I'm going to use copper for the main flow and return as others seem to have success with that and it will keep the cost down a little bit.

Cheers again.

10 minutes ago, GTEPETE said:

Just wondering,  do people keep the existing chassis metal fuel lines or use all rubber front to back?

I'm converting over from carb to injection so I only had a single plastic pipe front to back. To be fair it looks brand new but I intend to install 2 new copper lines. Just because that's what I've seen others do and a bit cheaper than the branded R9 stuff I've priced up.

• Thanks 1