Testing Water Stainless Steel/ Ally Rad Trays

opel2000

As per the title.

Seen some horrendous radiator tray items in the past, and more recent.

Was wondering if people are interested in Engraved polished stainless steel radiator trays, or cheaper but just as nice Anodised aluminium rad trays.

Engraving options such as "MANTA" (Logo) OPEL (logo) MANTA GTE/16V or whatever.

Looking at £49.00 for a stainless jobbie, and £36.00 for a Satin Silver Anodised Aluminium Jobbie.

These will come complete with fixing guide, drilling template (2 obscure easliy drilled holes required) and all fasteners.

Lots of other little dress up stuff too, should be on its way.....

• 3 weeks later...

Clive add me to the S.Steel list please

What a great xmas present from the missus, wait till I tell her :rolleyes:

Hi rob, as its from santa (cough) why not ask for a set of kick panels as well, clive's work as im sure you know is the best, the missus can only say no, lol.

Right then.

Should be a few pics up of the Aluminium rad trays tomorrow evening.

My old supplier of polished stainless steel, tried to charge me an absolutely horrendous price for an 8'x 4' sheet of mirror polished 1.6mm

have found another supplier that can give me nearly half the price of that on a 2m x 1m sheet but they have a bit of a delay of approx 2 weeks, currently I'm waiting for delivery of the stainless

In a sense YES.

Some equipment was mothballed over at Retropower nearly 2 years ago. After Nat and Callum had a big re-organise at Retropower, I was stood there in an emptyish room chatting to Nat, and it struck Nat and myself that I could possibly work from there.

Currently I'm organising evrything to get myself able to do everything I could produce before and MORE, but having sold off a lot of equipment/tooling that enabled me to produce Header tanks and the like, I simply did not realise how much time and hassle I went through in the past to get hold of said equipment and alter it to do what I wanted it to do.

Currently looking at manufacturing a sheet metal folder to produce the folds/curves and stepped folds I require rather than buying and modifying 2 different bits of kit.

All going a bit on the slow side at the moment, but going in the right direction.

But with bank funds low and limited, and having no source of income, I'm currently making whatever I can to build a small amount of stock and to get a bit of cash coming in, in an attempt to stem too much outgoing cash. Also at this time of year and first thing in the new year were particularly my busiest times.

Glad to hear it clive.I'm no where near ready for any bits off you, but i will be giving you a shout when i'm ready in the meantime I hope you don't mind and i hope it helps i've posted a link to your website on the Metro owners club website. :thumbup

Hi Lewis, many thanks and very very much appreciated.

Got a lot of people to reply to from their PM's, must say that I do feel very flattered b some of the comments that have headed my way, I guess I must have been doing something right with this business in the past.

Plumster, yes mate I did recieve your PM simply not found time to reply (although I have found time to get myself drawn into forum topics :huh: )

Over this weekend I intend to get replies out to everyone as all mya material has now arrived, the guillotine has now been set up as I'd like it, some machine spares arrive on Monday for my old Pillar Drill, Packaging supplies arrived today, need to find space for that lot, and need to build one last bench and modify a table.

Come Monday evening I'm set organised and have everything at hand to do what I advertise.

Many Many thanks for people's interest, and above all Many many thanks to Nat and Callum at Retropower, without whose help not just now but over the years, this wouldn't really be happening for me again.

Watch out for some damn good stuff coming and as per usual the Manta peeps will always get good prices and new stuff will always be Manta orientated first, due to the strong support from many Manta owners over the years.

"Got a lot of people to reply to from their PM's, must say that I do feel very flattered b some of the comments that have headed my way, I guess I must have been doing something right with this business in the past."

Aye Clive ,producing top notch car/mod accessories for us lucky peeps as below.

craigperthmeet2.jpg

Hope yae got ma pm anawe.

cheers rab.

Edited by Rab

Do you have any photos of the aluminium ones Clive? I've seen the SS ones & they're superb but if the aluminium ones are "just as nice" might have one of those - save the pennies and keep the weight down ;)

Here you go Fermanta

Took this piccie of an Anodised aluminium item this eve just before I left work, (nearly forgot to take the pic "Again")

opel manta 16V radiator tray.jpg

These are supplied exactly the same as the Mirror polished stainless items with fitting guide and everything required, including the polished dome head fasteners that hold these to the mounting brackets.

Item shown is to suit a 16V fitment, as the rad is sat further back due to the pipework and engine position, only the GTE has a smaller/narrower rad tray due to the radiator sitting on the mounts closer to the nose of the Manta in order to clear the viscous coupled fan, the 2.0S never had a viscous coupled fan and would therefore require a 16V type rad tray.

Right then everything is set for me to supply, now is time to reply to the PM's :thumbup

Hi rob, as its from santa (cough) why not ask for a set of kick panels as well, clive's work as im sure you know is the best, the missus can only say no, lol.

I already have some kick panels from Clive, :thumbup just waiting for the car to be finished.

Clive email returned today

I already have some kick panels from Clive, :thumbup just waiting for the car to be finished.

Clive email returned today

yes i remember now rob, send me some pics when the car is finished, i would love to see the finished article.

• 2 weeks later...

Clive, if you ever get the chance to make those stainless covers for the plastic bit on the GTE's air flow meter, I shall be a purchaser. Keep us all updated on your progress, I'm sure there are many of us with baited breath now you've mentioned a comeback!

there is a god in heaven after all,oor clive is back in buisness yesssss!!!!!!!! :D

pm sent dude

Hello mate..... Tell you what big Craig, if their is a God in heaven he really isn't smiling on me at the moment.

Fortnight ago, eventually got my Girlfriend admitted to Hospital, won't go into details here but nearly lost her. Only for me to go down with the bloody Flu just as soon as she comes out.

Was at the point of finishing off a lot of work that people had asked and paid for, but been tied up with ill health including my own.

Rick...

Stainless GTE airflow meter bits, yes Rick, all in good time though, it's items like this I'd like to have a good stock of to take to Billing for that quick cheap bling up item ready for the concours, got absolute 5hitloads of stuff I want to cobble up, but currently not good being far removed from all my old suppliers, materials and sundry items have proved to be an absolute ball ache and absolute time losing experience. For instance I have a few sets of kick panels that I can't even send off to the customers that have paid and can't even EBAY any to try and recoupe the costs of making them until I can source the correct (correct = happy that I think they look correct) mounting screws, spent half a day sourcing the incorrect items, simply put....... often better to go with what you know, I should have drove off to Leicester to "All Screwed Up" and bought the really high quality Size 10 x 1/2" Stainless items I've bought from there for years.

Basically if I waste any more time I may as well give up, I have to make things run a hell of a lot smoother than they currently are, and I need the good health of myself and my partner to be able to do this.

Mick, I would be prepared to cobble up a few sets of the dash items, but price is not going to be good on these due to the time they take to make, looking at approx £100 per set, and would need 4 interested parties.