Xe Into Manta Silicon Hoses Gauging Interest

opel2000

Hi Casper and Pat.

Will definately be looking into the Manta Cih hoses too at some point, will get a piccie up of the hoses I was supplied for non Manta related item, TBH they are of the quality I'd expect of a silicon hose, I have however seen some thin nasty stuff supplied for cheap intercooler installation kits for Jap cars, this stuff is not like that but what you would expect.

and me please

1. opel2000 (Clive)

2. monkeynuts (jason)

3. Rab

4. carmad x2 sets (depending on cost)

5. cact1972 (Curt)

6. MadManx (John)

7. Mrbus

8. Kev Abbott

9. Robah (rob)

10. 2908642343 (John)

11. Devil Fish

12. Lepo5

13 rutts

14.davo

15. garymanc (gary)

Got a piccie here, obviously the silicon Hoses on a Manta are not so pronounced as they are on the Skyline, BUT as Sean on Deanosabby's pic above and on the following pic, Silicon hoses can make a hell of a difference to an engine bay. Not only the fact that the benefits of a new hose over the tired originals.

Just fitted the hoses on the Skyline piccie, and they are as spot on as I would expect from any silicon hose.

Got a busy morn here, but will be calling the hose chappies today as I was expecting to hear from them before now.

But will add, as many of you know me and the standards I work to, there is no way I shall be supplied with anything that is not 100% correct to pass on to us all.

R33 GTST coil pack cover.jpg

Just chased up the hose manufacturers, to cut a long story short, still no price as such yet due to them being a bit on the busy side of things, I'm expecting an email some time on saturday with a price for the bottom hose in 2 pieces or one single piece, and the top hose.

Get the impression they are trying to steer me away from a one piece bottom hose, the person dealing with me has mentioned a few times that it can be a particularly difficult item to produce, and as such particularly expensive.

Will keep you updated, as soon as I know something so shall you.

And me please! I'm about to commence the long delayed "big manta build" lol

1. opel2000 (Clive)

2. monkeynuts (jason)

3. Rab

4. carmad x2 sets (depending on cost)

5. cact1972 (Curt)

6. MadManx (John)

7. Mrbus

8. Kev Abbott

9. Robah (rob)

10. 2908642343 (John)

11. Devil Fish

12. Lepo5

13 rutts

14.davo

15. garymanc (gary)

16. MrCarlos

Heck!!!!!

Finally heard back from the hose Company yesterday.

Prices are beyond an absolute joke, we would be looking at £115.00 a set, and due to the scrappy un-interested email I received from them yesterday it "Seems" that price is with the bottom hose in 2 sections and the need for a metal connector piece with the other 2 hose connections on.

Mainly due to the fact that I'm not a bloody fool, but also having been looking at some of the more involved Turbo hoses for the Skyline, I know that this price is beyond a f**cking joke.

TBH I think they simply didn't want the job/work hence the high price.

To put the price in perspective, I could supply these pipes in stainless steel with 4 small silicon connector pieces for approx £120 price we were given really doesn't add up.

I know that Nat at Retropower has had a bit of a bee in his bonnet about these and has been looking into various ways these could be made, and TBH I've wasted so much time and effort on them when I should be doing what I really do, I simply do not think I have the time to go through this whole rigmarole again at the moment, especially as I would need to go further afield to possibly a more reputable Company, but could find the price being the same again at the end of the day.

Ever So Sorry Fella's........

But I really think this is the end of the thread.

Sorry people..

Hi Rob

No mate, it wasn't JS Performance, and to be totally honest, I was a quite gutted at the price, I had got the notion that I was going to do a lot of my Manta bay in black (car being red, with just a smattering of shiney stuff here and there, I had really got so used to the idea of some shiny black silicon hoses, not a great deal of either of them to see but the added security of new strong hoses coupled with the attention to detail was enough for me to desire these.

Email from hose people came at a time when I'd had some personal bad news, and could have done with a bit of a lift too, but not to be.

Reading between the lines they do a nice cheap selection of Standard Diameters, Elbows and Reducers Etc. Don't really think they are interested in having their time took away to do custom work when it takes them away from "What they do" Hence the expensive prices.

Only left to say to you all, many thanks for your support and interest, at least when I go back to get some more (standard hose) and to pick my hoses up I can turn round to them and say "Yes mate had 20+ people queueing up to part with cash........... BUT not at that price.

Hi guy's,

If it helps you any this is the company I got my hoses off of. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/autoperformancesiliconehoses

I know that injection engines are slightly different to the carb fed engines but you never know.

My engine is a 2.2 with a carb just for reference.

Ta,

Deano.

Edited by deanosabby

I might have a new supplier onboard if we can get a set of hoses for them to give us a price.

I have been in contact with Silcon Hose Manufacture and they might be able to help.

email I received earlier today.

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delayed response,

I am very interested in the kit, but to give an accurate price i'd really need to see the hoses or at very least a photo? The price would depend on size,quantity and complexity of the hoses.

I'm also interested in the original kit, are there a big following for these? we find that allot of the older car kits seem to sell quite well as the original hoses perish.

If anyone has the hoses off the car to send to us that would be great, If not. . . we should be able to give a price with a few good photos.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks for the interest in our products,

Best Regards

Shane Hill

JS Performance

Is everyone still interested if we can get a good price.

Can anyone supply me the hoses for XE conversion or good photos to take to them. I have CIH GTE Hoses, but if depends on what people want. :thumbup

One thing I will say is..... Be wary about the tooling, if it is costed into the production of the hoses, then it becomes your property, any potential customers of these hoses could end up paying for the hose company to start selling items that we had kindly supplied him not only a market for but also paid for his tooling.

I was originally looking into making the mandrels for the hoses to be made on you see, and not once did I tell the company what car they were for, just the quantity that were required.

On saying that though,,,,,, If this place can come up with a good price then i'm definately interested.

1. Monkeynuts

2. Davo

3. Opel2000

One thing I will say is..... Be wary about the tooling, if it is costed into the production of the hoses, then it becomes your property, any potential customers of these hoses could end up paying for the hose company to start selling items that we had kindly supplied him not only a market for but also paid for his tooling.

I was originally looking into making the mandrels for the hoses to be made on you see, and not once did I tell the company what car they were for, just the quantity that were required.

On saying that though,,,,,, If this place can come up with a good price then i'm definately interested.

1. Monkeynuts

2. Davo

3. Opel2000

Cheers Clive I will keep that in mind.

If anyone has piccies and thickness of hoses required, it may be a start.

I will have to look at what CIH hoses I have got to see what might be needed for them

Cheers

Rob

1. Monkeynuts

2. Davo

3. Opel2000

4. Pat (c.i.h hoses)

5. mark

6. robah

Right, obviously sharing our unit with Clive we tend to cross-over on our work and engineering thoughts!...

Having heard the tooling costs for these hoses, and not wanting to "jump the gun" here, but I have just finished making a set of stainless steel mandrels (i.e. "the tooling") to make these hoses. Using the "typical" manta 1800 hose setup is both ugly and excessively ungainly.

The mandrels I have made will allow the bottom hose to be made in one piece, much more compact, will point the manifold takeoff and heater returns in a much better direction, and will just look MUCH neater!

Please bear with me for a week or so, as it will take me a little time to get a prototype made (I am doing it all in-house, from raw materials to finished job, nobody elses labour to fund that way)

As soon as I have a set they will be photographed and shown on here so you can all have a look and see.

cheers

Nat

Edited by Retro Power