1997 Vauxhall Calibra £sold

Sutty2006

Up for grabs is my brothers Calibra, bought as a stop gap between BMW's..... yer right....

We picked up his new beemer today so now the calibra MUST go...Because mum and dad dont want it on the drive, haha.

MOT till July next year.

NO TAX! can tax at buyers expense.

2.0 16v ecotec engine with 112000 miles on the odometer.

Runs and drives fine. Engine management light comes on now and then.

ABS light has come on, might need a sensor or exciter ring?

Has an oil leak possibly from the oil pressure sensor

Drivers door has been badly repainted and its a tad faded in places..... like they do.

Rust along leading edge of bonnet...like they do.

Has a kenwood 6 disk multichanger.... full leather interior etc etc...4 good tyres......

Need it gone.... £sold!

IMG_19711_zpsbec6364b.jpg

IMG_19701_zpsff79af95.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

And this is why adverts should be removed once the item is sold, or at the very least marked as sold. Mind you you would have hoped the interested party would have noticed the date on the ad....

Blimey. That was a blast from the past! 

On 04/02/2024 at 09:14, 1900SR said:

And this is why adverts should be removed once the item is sold, or at the very least marked as sold. Mind you you would have hoped the interested party would have noticed the date on the ad....

It’s a nice idea, but there’s a lot of old adds (thousands) that need closing off, job for ya if you want it? 🤣 and old posts can’t be deleted, they can only be locked or hidden. 

Yeah, a calibra for £450 quid? Nuts isn’t it. Really struggled to sell this and eventually a friend of a friend bought it and ran it into the ground then scrapped it. 

• Like 1

Mad the stuff you bought and sold stuff for back in the day, I got a GTE hatch with 240 graphics, drove fine just had the usual bits with a short MOT plus 200 quid all for a white Fiat Panda I'd got from loot for 80 quid and freed up the clutch, seller said the gearbox was shot. The Manta later became infamous with my local MOT tester, it needed the suspension leg renewed or the base plate welded for the MOT but I'd done a deal and moved it on, the lads took it back to the MOT station and without looking he wrote them out the cert 🙄 when the leg went on the motorway they ditched it on the hard shoulder he ended up getting a testing ban as they had literally slapped a bit of bitumen and bog over the area! 

8 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Blimey. That was a blast from the past! 

It’s a nice idea, but there’s a lot of old adds (thousands) that need closing off, job for ya if you want it? 🤣 and old posts can’t be deleted, they can only be locked or hidden. 

Yeah, a calibra for £450 quid? Nuts isn’t it. Really struggled to sell this and eventually a friend of a friend bought it and ran it into the ground then scrapped it. 

To be honest I would hope that the person who placed the ad in the first place would have updated it when the item was sold,but we know that that hasn't happened in many cases.

• Sutty2006 changed the title to 1997 Vauxhall Calibra £sold
2 hours ago, 1900SR said:

To be honest I would hope that the person who placed the ad in the first place would have updated it when the item was sold,but we know that that hasn't happened in many cases.

Just for you, and anyone else that’s lurking in the shadows…  I’ve updated the ad 👍🤪 as my brother has just messaged me saying some muppet text him earlier about it 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

🤣

I'd always fancied one until I had one as a courtesy car and the back box dropped off on the High Street in Old Swan Liverpool, stuck at red lights we had a few lads giving it boss car mate etc whilst trying the doors after the din attracted them 🤣 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2024 at 06:09, evo3000 said:

lol you could say the same about  the Manta nowadays.

Has our illustrious leader not have a SE2 cally,..still.

Do you mean Rab? He’s not been our leader for a while now. Our illustrious leader has a 1.2 B1 coupe! @lewis p 😎

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2024 at 08:10, Sutty2006 said:

Do you mean Rab? He’s not been our leader for a while now. Our illustrious leader has a 1.2 B1 coupe! @lewis p 😎

Lol i was still thinking Paul Brennecker (Irmscher man)so i'm still completely out of time.🙃